LiveAboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mverick:
Favorite dive was a night dive. On the same sight as the shark feeding. Sharks buzzing you at night is really neat.

I'll agree there, some of the coolest stuff was seen at night, like the hunting white tips, whoa, are they fast! All the feather stars are out too, there's so much to see!

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac :54:

Barracuda2:
Steve:

I would like any other details you could provide to me as I am giving serious thought to a charter on the AquaCat either late spring or next winter. I'm a video producer and lug a bit of equipment around. I've done all the Aggressors in the Carib and they are really set up nice to accommodate photographers and videographers --Preview monitors, etc. The staging area and dive platform are also very roomy, individual bins for gear. How does the AquaCat measure up in these areas. Camera prep. table? Set up to view video and photos? Battery charging stations? Anything you can tell me would be very appreciated.

Barracuda2

They've got a rubber-lined prep shelf in the center of the dive deck that is accessible from both dive stations. There are bins under each seating area. A spare air tank has an air hose attached for blow drying.

Two large fresh water tanks that are large enough to take a bath in. They have a VCR, DVD and 25" or 27" TV for leisure use, but for the good stuff they have an LCD projection monitor with RCA jacks and large screen for slide shows. They have a photo-developing lab and make slides onboard, but since I was shooting digital photos I never looked in the lab.

I charged my batteries in my cabin using a regular recepticle.

A field editor from Sport Diver magazine was onboard at the same time as us and had some nice photography gear.

They shoot video footage of their guests in and out of the water and edit it. They're videos are awesome and make a great summary of the week!

I suggest contacting the AquaCat for additional or more specific information.

Steve

Scuba_Signer:
They've got a rubber-lined prep shelf in the center of the dive deck that is accessible from both dive stations. There are bins under each seating area. A spare air tank has an air hose attached for blow drying.

Two large fresh water tanks that are large enough to take a bath in. They have a VCR, DVD and 25" or 27" TV for leisure use, but for the good stuff they have an LCD projection monitor with RCA jacks and large screen for slide shows. They have a photo-developing lab and make slides onboard, but since I was shooting digital photos I never looked in the lab.

I charged my batteries in my cabin using a regular recepticle.

A field editor from Sport Diver magazine was onboard at the same time as us and had some nice photography gear.

They shoot video footage of their guests in and out of the water and edit it. They're videos are awesome and make a great summary of the week!

I suggest contacting the AquaCat for additional or more specific information.

Steve

Thanks for the comeback. Sounds really promising.

Barracuda2

Hi; I'm just in the process of packing for a flight to Miami, where I'll be hopping on a Blackbeards.

My question. Is there any point packing wetsuit hangars? Is there a hanging locker on board for wetsuits and foul weather gear?

Thanks in advance for any replies; jbm

jbm:
My question. Is there any point packing wetsuit hangars? Is there a hanging locker on board for wetsuits and foul weather gear?

Thanks in advance for any replies; jbm

no sir, there is no place to hang them. most people tie them on the handrail, or use clothespins on the handrail.

steve

DivemasterSteve:
no sir, there is no place to hang them. most people tie them on the handrail, or use clothespins on the handrail.

steve

Thanks Steve for the quick response....I appreciate it...

jbm

jbm:
Thanks Steve for the quick response....I appreciate it...

jbm

your very welcome sir, i hope you have a fun, safe trip and enjoy all of your dives.

steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom