Liveaboard with fewer old people?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Folks, let's try not to let this thread wander off subject please. (This includes me). We've got a young person in an uncomfortable situation onboard an lob in Maldives remember?

Hopefully, ivorynightfall will return to give us an update without her having to wade through all that "stuff we have to say" because of our age. :p:rofl3: :topic:

Seriously? I was unaware that you could be not allowed to retire, if you were of age and service.
Guilted by supervisors that he was not replaceable. But not that he was so desperate to retire, Dad has a sharp mind to the end, and retirement didn’t hold a lot of interest except gardening and yard sales.

You've had a number of posts in this thread that make me quite happy that I am not on the same liveaboard as you. Unless you are trying to be funny, in which case you need to seriously work on your delivery.

'lowviz' managed to catch the humor, without me having to use a :) not sure what provoked the 'make me quite happy that I am not on the same liveaboard as you' comment, but somehow I'll get over it.

To all of the OLDER people replying to this, "hook up" has a particular connotation (the same one it had when we were young) so be careful with what you are suggesting. :)

I think you are separating yourself from people you could talk to based on your own perceptions of the book's cover. It's the same thing for us. Some people we get along with, some people we don't. Perfect fits are rare. Few people go on the board to party so regardless of age that is unlikely. Just like concerts, it's better to remember it.

<<retirement didn’t hold a lot of interest except gardening and yard sales.>> he missed a lot then
You don’t know what trouble my Dad could bring just with these two hobbies. For gardening, he found a section of his apartment complex wasted on grass. Without permission he planted fruit trees, tomatoes, 10,000 iris, every type of fruit veggie and also a rose garden. Apt Mgrs, went home to drink. Neighbors regularly stop by for free groceries. He made free with the the employed landscapers’ tools, should they leave them for a coffee break. My Dad was a non-stop ball of crazed energy. And as for yard sales, drove us all nuts. If he knew your address, he would buy you stuff he thought you might like, without your permission, he would drop it off in your driveway, to the extent you can’t park in your own driveway. Our Excitable responses, and his own back, finally put a stop to that one. When he died, the apartment mgr plowed under the garden, but the neighbors still love him.

To all of the OLDER people replying to this, "hook up" has a particular connotation (the same one it had when we were young) so be careful with what you are suggesting. :)

I think you are separating yourself from people you could talk to based on your own perceptions of the book's cover. It's the same thing for us. Some people we get along with, some people we don't. Perfect fits are rare. Few people go on the board to party so regardless of age that is unlikely. Just like concerts, it's better to remember it.

My son often remember me I was born in the last millennium (not century, millennium !!!) ... our most efficient communication way is through whatsapp, even if I still have some hard time in finding the right emoticon ... (glasses are not enough, maybe a guide dog ... as soon as I'll find one android powered ... ).
I think that on a diving LOB we can use signs ...
Looking for retirement ... but you know: I'm Italian and we are facing some age problems for that ... so I can consider me as "differently young" to be polite ...
Last LOB was with my son ... he was by far the youngest aboard and I was the oldest, he didn't complain (he'll do whatever to dive since I pay for him too) as well all other participants ... About me: I would have been more happy if my father would have been paying for me too (he could being still alive). :)

<<should they leave them for a coffee break>> the older people had a heck of a work ethic. When my father passed away from cancer, we buried him in a family cemetery in the Smokey Mountains. The burial crew took a break. My father's 70s year old father (my grandfather), and his 90s year old father (my great grandfather) picked up the shovels and started finishing the burial. My great grandfather came back the next day and dug all the dirt out, removed all the dirt clods and filled it back in again so it would settle correctly. He had farmed and raised cattle and lived in the mountains until he was 106. Sorry for going further off topic but I think we have established that it is possible for old people to be kind of cool too.

Come on you guys! Please quit with the off-topic posts!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom