Liveaboard with fewer old people?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not if they smell like my wetsuit, but if you hum a few bars I'll try and sing along...:whistling:

Geez, you two. Wash your booties a time or two during the trip! LOL
And don't pee in your suit!! OK, well, do your best not to. (I'm very pleased to report that I've managed not to sully my latest suit purchased 2 or 3 years ago) still smells like plain old neoprene.

Very strange that person is complaining about demographics. People who love diving and have appropriate resources and timing attend liveaboards. At least everybody have the same passion - diving. I am pretty sure that people who are older than me and diving many years will be able to give me good advices and tell interesting stories.

For example, I am 42 years old (or young... it depends on attitude). Me and my wife have many friends who are 50-60 years old and it is very interesting to talk with these people, hear their stories. Most of them are diplomatic corpus people and it is very interesting to hear about their experiences.

This year me and my wife will go for our first liveaboard to Egypt and we do not care whether it will be older or younger people. The most important that there are people with whom you can spend time and get all fun from diving. In diving you can meet different people from all layers of society (from backaper type people to multi-millionaires). for example one of my friends is very successful and rich venture capitalist who spend few years as diving instructor.

My suggestion to this person would be simple: talk to people and you will see that you can find a lot of things in common.... at least diving :wink:

Former Colorado Governor Lamm said,

“You've got a duty to die and get out of the way,'' said the 48-year-old Governor. ''Let the other society, our kids, build a reasonable life.''

More room on the boat for younger folks to join the OP?
I work in Key West where we have a very high security facility. The IT guys are a bunch of GS-13s and 14s. There are 4 14s, 3 of whom are in their 70s. The 13s can’t move up. Why do the 70yo hold on to their jobs? Healthcare. No one can afford to go on Medicare.

I work in Key West where we have a very high security facility. The IT guys are a bunch of GS-13s and 14s. There are 4 14s, 3 of whom are in their 70s. The 13s can’t move up. Why do the 70yo hold on to their jobs? Healthcare. No one can afford to go on Medicare.
My Dad worked with a programming language no young people wanted to learn because it only existed on antiquated government computers. He wasn’t holding anyone up from a promotion, but after they finally upgraded the IT, he was allowed to retire at about 75.

he was allowed to retire at about 75.
Seriously? I was unaware that you could be not allowed to retire, if you were of age and service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom