liveaboard diving The Brothers, Tiran and Ras Mohammed in Oct.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MUFC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dived Tiran and Ras Mohammed in Sept 10 on day boats and was put off by the volume of traffic. With the unrest in Egypt at the moment how busy is the place?

Hi,

Just to give you an idea, I have been diving Ras Mo. and Tiran in May this year there were only a couple of boats in the area we didn't encounter any other divers below. Now this was before the August events. In June 2010 at the same spots you would have needed traffic control underwater and both Sharks Bay Harbor and Travco Marina looked like rush hour in Victoria station.

The european and russian charter airlines will have resumed flights by then, although it will be diver high season I doubt it will be busy, your boat and another one or two maybe, just guessing ?

Well, actually right now there is almost ZERO tourism anymore because of the stupid travel warnings...

...and I doubt it will pick up very much in the coming months. I don´t expect any considerable improvement before easter 2014.

I got back 2 weeks ago from a liverboard diving Daedalus, Rocky, Zabergad, Fury Shoals and Elphinstone. We were the ONLY boat on the sites for the first 5 days, and only had one other boat at Elphinstone on the last day. Plenty of shark action, with hamerheads on Daedalus and Elphinstone, thresher shark at Elphinstone, and plenty of grey reef sharks. We also had a silky circle the boat at Daedalus.

Back in June, we were at Daedlus and had 8 other boats there! Go now to beat the rush as flights from Germany and Russia resume.

I got back 2 weeks ago from a liverboard diving Daedalus, Rocky, Zabergad, Fury Shoals and Elphinstone. We were the ONLY boat on the sites for the first 5 days, and only had one other boat at Elphinstone on the last day. Plenty of shark action, with hamerheads on Daedalus and Elphinstone, thresher shark at Elphinstone, and plenty of grey reef sharks. We also had a silky circle the boat at Daedalus.

Back in June, we were at Daedlus and had 8 other boats there! Go now to beat the rush as flights from Germany and Russia resume.

We had 8 whitetips on Elphinstone with us last year. After diving the Brothers we are heading north, not sure how much big stuff we will see on Tiran and Ras.

The wind blew blew and blew so we missed The Brothers. Changed itinerary and dived the Thistlegorm and Salem Express (Very creepy, wouldn't dive again)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom