Trip Report Live trip updates: USA to Anilao Photo Academy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL
Water temp can be as low as 18C, depend on the season.
I have seen divers using dry suit and they were not cooked!
What you dont know you dont know.

Nice warm waters in Anilao.

I do not need to check anything to KNOW water temp in Philippines can be pretty cold.
If anyone want to bring a 5mm or even 7mm full suit to Philippines even in the summer is fine with me! Tolerance to cold is totally depend individually. There is NO right or wrong except those with big mouth and know nothing about it.
4-5 dives a day even 28C could be chilled to the bone on the last dive! The body core temp keep dropping gradually.

I do not need to check anything to KNOW water temp in Philippines can be pretty cold.
If anyone want to bring a 5mm or even 7mm full suit to Philippines even in the summer is fine with me! Tolerance to cold is totally depend individually. There is NO right or wrong except those with big mouth and know nothing about it.
4-5 dives a day even 28C could be chilled to the bone on the last dive! The body core temp keep dropping gradually.
The Philippines are large and diverse. Are you talking about Anilao? My dives there in April were 26-28 and in May were 27-30C.

I do not need to check anything to KNOW water temp in Philippines can be pretty cold. Water temp can be as low as 18C

My post was not a reply to you it was for others who want to dive in the Philippines such as the OP who may want to know water temperatures. It is good to know the water temps are nowhere near as cold you you imply they might be. :)

5mm wetsuit for the Philippines? You plan on cooking yourself? The water temperature is often 28c you it is not cold. I only wear shorts and a T shirt and long sleeve t shirt at most. Coldest I have been in was 24c and even that I do not wear a wetsuit. It is cool though lol good for burning of a few calories. Not many dive centers I know rent out 5mm wetsuits 3mm seems pretty common due to the warm waters.
I unfortunately tend to run very cold and was starting to feel very shivery at the end of my third dive yesterday. In the 5 mm. Water temperatures are currently 25 to 26°. Everyone is complaining that it's chilly. I'm spending a lot of time being still doing macro photography, might need a little bit more protection because of that.

I unfortunately tend to run very cold and was starting to feel very shivery at the end of my third dive yesterday. In the 5 mm. Water temperatures are currently 25 to 26°. Everyone is complaining that it's chilly. I'm spending a lot of time being still doing macro photography, might need a little bit more protection because of that.

That is perfect water temperature for me to dive in 3 - 4 dives a day without a wetsuit. On the cool side but I would not count it as chilly.
I also do a lot of macro photography so never really get bothered by that sort of temperature. At most I might put on my sharkskin top with long arms. Enjoy the diving it's good in the Philippines and I have been diving there since the 1987. Fun place to dive and relax. If you get lucky you might get to get one of these Bobbit Worms.

That is perfect water temperature for me to dive in 3 - 4 dives a day without a wetsuit. On the cool side but I would not count it as chilly.
I also do a lot of macro photography so never really get bothered by that sort of temperature. At most I might put on my sharkskin top with long arms. Enjoy the diving it's good in the Philippines and I have been diving there since the 1987. Fun place to dive and relax. If you get lucky you might get to get one of these Bobbit Worms.

I spent a lot of time with a blue ring octopus today, I might have gotten some good photos. Learning how to focus with a +12.5 diopter.

In the 5 mm. Water temperatures are currently 25 to 26°. Everyone is complaining that it's chilly.
As I would be.
That is perfect water temperature for me to dive in 3 - 4 dives a day without a wetsuit.
At the risk of hijacking this thread for a little while, I'm curious to know how many people you dive with (@BLACKCRUSADER ) who dive in these temps with no wetsuit? Remind me (yes I'm envious) not to get my thermal protection advice from you.

As I would be. At the risk of hijacking this thread for a little while, I'm curious to know how many people you dive with (@BLACKCRUSADER ) who dive in these temps with no wetsuit? Remind me (yes I'm envious) not to get my thermal protection advice from you.

Several of my dive buddies don't wear wetsuits when they dive with me. Also some DM's as well. :)

Thermal protection .... interesting concept lol That's me in the red T shirt and shorts. DM in second shot and an instructor buddy I dive with glow orange shorts and another dive buddy photographer with his gear.

AVAI @ WHALE SHARK 3.JPG

EARL IN MY PHOTO AGAIN.jpg
GLOW PANTS.JPG

PAUL & WHALE SHARK.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom