Live Aboard Packing- What did you not bring that you wished you had?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want ear plugs in case you room with a snorer.
Ha ha that reminds me of a week I spent with a Swedish friend of mine in the Philippines a few years ago. Her daughter provided me with the ear plugs :rofl3:

Most of the tricks I have picked up have already been mentioned, but the ones I most often find myself showing other people on LOBs or them asking me about are:

lycra socks - as others said helps save feet over the course of a week of diving

rashguards - I bring 2 tops and 2 bottoms so one can dry between dives; really helps getting wetsuit on and off and with 2 I always have a dry barrier against my skin when tugging on a wetsuit for the 4th time that day

leukotape - if used preemptively can help prevent heel and toe blisters, but I have also had them and just covered them up with tape to get through the week

neck gaiter - I have a UPF one that helps protect my neck from the bungee necklace chafing as well as providing head cover from the sun when riding on skiffs/pangas

Extra batteries for dive computer & transmitter. I went on a trip a few years ago and completely forgot to bring an extra battery for my dive computer. Sure enough, the battery died and I was lucky that someone on the boat had the same computer and was able to help me out.

I also went to lycra socks years ago and believe they make a big difference in comfort.

All good suggestions so far... Another couple of items that I always bring are a Protected charging block and a USB rechargeable portable mini fan that has a an adjustable tripod and can mount just about anywhere. The fan lasts overnight on a single charge and the charging block is essential since I'm a gizmo guy so need to charge.......phone, kindle, laptop, camera and lights, mini drone, air pods, blue tooth speaker, fan, etc...

yrAR17a.jpg

lo79Zl1.jpg

One thing that came up following a fire on one of the Red Sea dive boats a couple of years ago was the idea of having a good quality dry "go bag" for your passport, wallet, phone, tickets, etc. The idea is to have this ready in the event you have to evacuate the boat at night.

One thing that came up following a fire on one of the Red Sea dive boats a couple of years ago was the idea of having a good quality dry "go bag" for your passport, wallet, phone, tickets, etc. The idea is to have this ready in the event you have to evacuate the boat at night.
If I stay overnight on any boat, I do this. Add a small, waterproof flashlight. It's one of those small Big Blue dry bags they send you with the lights when you buy them. I keep it sealed and ready to go on my nightstand, just in case :wink: FWIW - I've also slipped it over my arm and swam out to dinghies tied to dinghy docks as well. Great piece of kit!

I'm a gizmo guy so need to charge.......phone, kindle, laptop, camera and lights, mini drone, air pods, blue tooth speaker, fan, etc...

You take all of these on a liveaboard trip?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom