Live Aboard Packing- What did you not bring that you wished you had?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A repeat of things mentioned... Duck Tape (applied at the beginning of a trip will last an entire week) for toe blisters, along with the nylon/Lycra socks. At least 4 bathing suits so you never need to wear one that is wet. About 20-30' of para-cord for hanging up items in your room.

Several bathing suits, at least 3. You probably wont wear anything else for the whole week ;-)

The boats I’ve been always ask you to change out of wet clothing before going inside, including bathing suits, so shorts or something else dry to change into.

A repeat of things mentioned... Duck Tape (applied at the beginning of a trip will last an entire week) for toe blisters, along with the nylon/Lycra socks. At least 4 bathing suits so you never need to wear one that is wet. About 20-30' of para-cord for hanging up items in your room.
I've never needed duck tape for my feet again since getting lycra socks and that was around 900 dives ago.

Of course everyone is different so better to have and not need than need and not have.

The clips for hanging clothes are this style:

Or these from Ikea:

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'll throw in one more idea...

I like to take a lightweight backpack, the kind with drawstring "straps" that you often see as a giveaway. I use it to carry anything I want to transport from my cabin to the dining room or upper decks, i.e. glasses, cap, book, water bottle, light sweater, etc. It frees your hands to grab handrails if the boat moves and keeps your water bottle from rolling right off the deck if you drop it.

1677682502055.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom