little help here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have inherited a lp 72 steel. :) the only down fall is that one of the "fins", for lack of a better term, on the boot is bent. I want a new boot. I found one but I forgot the link:shakehead:

So I guess what I'm saying is does anyone know where I can get a 6.9" diameter boot for steel not for flat bottom?

Thanks.

You can get them but why would you want too. Do the tank a favor, take the boot off and leave it off.

Agree, I just bought a 1959 US Divers tank along with it's matching Mistral. When I took the boot off there was a lot of rust under it. It still passed visual but with much more rust it would have been a goner.

I would agree you dont need no stinking boot - but if you want one send me PM. I have one that I will give you. You just need to pay for the postage.

That confirms it then. I'll take it off. I VIPed myself, it's in great condition considering its age. mild internal flash rust and not a mark on the outside. I just wanted a boot so it'll stand.

The standard boot for an Aluminum 50 will fit as that tank is also 6.9" diameter.

I like to stand my tanks up on the tailgate of my truck or on a work stand for donning. Not easy without a boot.

Boots might help reduce roll when the tanks are laying down in the back of the SUV but I haven't really noticed that they help.

Richard

I got some tanks from mike at DRIS and they had boots, I wouldn't use them so your welcome to have mine just pay shipping. T

The standard boot for an Aluminum 50 will fit as that tank is also 6.9" diameter.

I like to stand my tanks up on the tailgate of my truck or on a work stand for donning. Not easy without a boot.

Boots might help reduce roll when the tanks are laying down in the back of the SUV but I haven't really noticed that they help.

Richard

Yea but the 3al boots are designed for flat bottom tanks. Thx though

I just got a call from the hydro shop, they disagree with the dive shop tech. They say the rust in the boot area is too extensive and will not hydro the tank.

I just got a call from the hydro shop, they disagree with the dive shop tech. They say the rust in the boot area is too extensive and will not hydro the tank.

Boots are steel tank killers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom