LIttle Cayman flight info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know how good the wifi is at LCBR?

It is good for low bandwidth stuff and I have been able to get it just about anywhere in the resort. But the internet connection itself can be spotty and low bandwidth at times, particularly with a full house on the island and peak demand hours. I wouldn't plan to do heavy duty Netflix or streaming sporting events using the Wifi.

Don't forget to ask for your pizza and drink voucher when you are stranded on LC / CB for 8 hours.
Huh?

Thanks...yea, I'm just dealing with some emails....I'll mostly be submerged :)

Arrived alive, barely:)....three flights is two too many and the last two were inside ovens, but alas we have arrived and like what we've seen, ate and drank so far. Tomorrow we get wet!

Water and air extremely warm....boat today was a carttle boat with 20 divers and one DM and one driver....they handled it ok for the size, but I wasn't expecting this! I believe the reason was due to having only 3 of their 4 boats operating....I'm told tomorrow should be substantially better ratio!

Both dives were enjoyable though...I took my posse of three and dove our own plan....

Came back from LC this past Saturday - great week at LCBR. Transit thorugh GC went generally smoothly. As others have mentioned, the GC airport is in the middle of a major expansion; hopefully by the next time I go this will be done.

GC air transit observations:

- Glad an expansion is underway, as the waiting area becomes very crowded by early afternoon on Saturdays

- It is hard to hear flight announcements in the main waiting room, particularly for flights leaving from gates in the "temp" section of the waiting area. This creates an overcrowded scrum in the temp waiting area, since everyone crowds in there to make sure they are ready for their flight

- There were some security changes on departure from GC on the way home - more questions at check in and getting a security sticker on your passport (don't remember this from my last trip to LCBR). Also, many travelers bound for the US were being selected at random AFTER security for further questions and a bag check. This was via a PA announcement. My 20 yo daughter was one of the lucky "winners"...having to go into a separate room to have her checked bag opened. We didn't even hear the announcement in the main waiting room...some friends we met at LCBR came and told us she had been called.

- During the renovation, the restaurant that used to be upstairs at the GC airport is now in a tent in the parking lot straight across the street from the terminal.

One more not so joyful experience....TSA pre-check/Global entry line in the International terminal in Atlanta (passing back through security after clearing immigration/customs upon arrival from Grand Cayman) closed at 5:30 PM on Saturday, about 40 minutes after we got there. We were 2 for 2, since pre-check was not open in Boston when we left the previous Saturday :)

It's very hot here...and no relief from the pool. My biggest issue though is no clean access to the ocean from the shore as it's littered with seaweed and garbage thrown in all over the place! Not sure why they don't rake this up daily, but if your looking for a resort with access to prestige Waters, this ain't it:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom