LIttle Cayman flight info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The trash comes in from the ocean through the cut. When I have been there, they do rake the beach regularly to pull excess weed and debris, but it is not a beautiful 7 mile beach type of scene even with the best of care. The draw for me has never been the beach at the resort, other than laying in the hammocks reading a book and listening to the waves. Hope the rst of the trip, and particularly the diving is more to your liking!

It's hot in Cayman in August? Wow, that's surprising - not!

As @AggieDiver says, the resort doesn't have a swimming beach, it is a boat dock with a lot of turtle grass. There are swimming spots around the island like Point of Sand and Owen Island.

If the pool isn't doing it for you, I have seen folks taking a dip in the dive well in the middle of the pier - when it is not being used for teaching - but it is not the clear, turquoise water of 7MB. And I wouldn't try it at night, I have seen hunting barracuda in there at night.

They have a huge infinity pool at the Cayman Brac Beach Resort, it's gorgeous!

lcbr_divepier.jpg

LCBR ain't perfect but it is very good considering that it is located in the middle of nowhere.
The well in the dock is not a bad spot for a dip, as pointed out. In the summer, sometimes a cool shower in the room is a solution to being uncomfortably hot.

They do rake the sand on the beach but hard to clean up all the crud that constantly washes in. The real beauty of LC is underwater at Bloody Bay and Jackson's Walls. I am happy to put up with a little turtle grass at the shore in exchange for the extraordinary privilege of diving on LC.

LCBR ain't perfect but it is very good considering that it is located in the middle of nowhere.
The well in the dock is not a bad spot for a dip, as pointed out. In the summer, sometimes a cool shower in the room is a solution to being uncomfortably hot.

They do rake the sand on the beach but hard to clean up all the crud that constantly washes in. The real beauty of LC is underwater at Bloody Bay and Jackson's Walls. I am happy to put up with a little turtle grass at the shore in exchange for the extraordinary privilege of diving on LC.

I agree! To make this the most perfect diving spot on earth, I'd like a clean beachy entry into that awesome aqua blue water just out of reach from the shoreline. Two guest tried to walk east and snorkel to the island but they turned back due to all the floating weeds and garbage. They use to be DM on Brac too boot!

Two more awesome wall dives today...three tomorrow:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom