Lithium Glo-Toob leaking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I was considering buying one of these but read some threads in 03 and 05 where far too many people complained of flooding:shakehead: does anyone know if this has been fixed or are they still prone to flooding. For a product thats touted as WP to some ungodly depth and made for diving I would expect flooding to be a rare occurance not as high as has been previously reported. So any updates? or is it still unreliable?

I have 2 of them and they've made 3 yearly trips and several night dives in Cozumel, and never have had a problem!

Actually the main flood issue was the twist top power switch. If you didn't twist it full on just right the light would leak. Now, the leak wasn't as issue in fw but in salt it would eat the battery post spring.

In response the manufacturer added an additional cap which was solid and 'always on' that prevents the problem. AS I had bought my tubes prior to this change, I purchased a kit with the cap. I can't recall, however, if the newer units come with this standard or as an option.

The new lithium toob comes with both a dive/waterproof cap and a water *resistant* clickie switch. The waterproof switch has a moveable ring that acts as the switch - although you still have to be careful not to unscrew the cap when you twist the ring. This new cap was supposedly made in response to the flooding complaints of the older design.

I just got one for xmas and hope to get it wet in May, so no personal experience.

Henrik

Back
Top Bottom