Suggestion List of members with the most positive comments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
pauldw

pauldw

Contributor
Reaction score
It seems like looking at the ratio of good reaction scores to total posts (and screening out people with only a few posts since there wouldn’t be much statistical relevance in those cases) would create a decent metric showing how helpful any given member’s posts were seen by the community. Of course, one can just look at any given person’s two numbers and calculate it. But that’s a person by person thing. It might be interesting to have a list somewhere on the site listing perhaps the hundred most positive ratios, as that might make it easy to go through those people’s posts and see interesting things we might’ve missed. On the other hand, if such a list would just create bad feelings, it might not be worth it.

That fact that many people agree is one indicator that that person's writing might be worth readings.
1651113293242.png

Because at the end of the day, on most of the board, a users post/reaction score, at face value, is a good indicator of reliability.
It would have been more accurate to say for most users. As pub counts make it difficult to judge pub denizens posting in the rent of the board. So it is not for most of the board, but for most users. It may also be worthless within the pub, but that is the pub's issue.

Unless you want to go so far as to say within the rest of the board the high pub counts flag the contributor as a denizen of the wild free form of the pub, habits which may have continued over to their posting outside the pub, and draw judgements of their posts from that.... Not always accurate ones, granted.

It would have been more accurate to say for most users. As pub counts make it difficult to judge pub denizens posting in the rent of the board. So it is not for most of the board, but for most users. It may also be worthless within the pub, but that is the pubs issue.

Unless you want to go so far as to say within the rest of the board the high pub counts flag the contributor as a denizen of the wild free form of the pub, habits which may have continued over to their posting outside the pub, and draw judgements from that... Not always accurate ones, granted.
First of all there are maybe 2 dozen regular pubsters.

Second, most of us never come up here to post in regular scuba threads.

Getting wrapped around the axle about a few pubsters who never leave the pub is sorta silly. (not saying you are silly, just that some seem to be silly)

Just a note that if anyone wants to attempt this, in addition to restricting it to the non-pub forums, you'd want to only use those posts made after likes were added to the site as the denominator in your ratio.

FWIW, I don't read the Pub and I have no idea who @letterboy is.

On scuba related topic:
Who are the Top 10 member currently?
What are the Top 10 for the most "like" post?

On scuba related topic:
Who are the Top 10 member currently?
What are the Top 10 for the most "like" post?

That has the lists of members by certain criteria.

Back to the original question.
Who?

Regarding valued/beneficial content?

I'd say it would be Lynn/TSandM (R.I.P.)....

and maybe Dr. Bill (R.I.P.)...

BoulderJohn is in there too (oh man, I hope I didn't just jinx him...)

and not even on the lists...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom