List of drysuit candidates, thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is excellent, I thought they were an extra expense. $50 here and there starts to add up.
Mine came with the tabs installed, but after about 40 dives they pulled away. Now all I had to do was use Aquaseal (below) and they aren't going anyplace now!

I'll consider it then. I assumed it was like installing seals, with lots of prep work and a special bottle of $60 glue. Anyway I would have to find the right pockets at the right price--no velcro--so the inexpensive XS Scuba pockets are out. I didn't see any zipper options among them. (Of course, the Pinnacle pockets are velcro. Ack. Maybe new gloves are a better idea than zipper pockets.)
I put a pair of Phil's (www.divesports.com) XS Scuba pockets on my suit and they look and work great. I've even had comments about how good they look. If I can do it I KNOW you can. I'm not handy with this stuff at all.

I simply thoroughly cleaned the surface with alcohol, put the suit on and layed out the pockets so that my hands can easily hit the bottoms, marked the locations with a silver sharpie, tapped the borders with blue painters tape to catch excess glue, placed a large book inside the leg underneath the pocket, put on a layer of thinned Aqua Seal (both pocket and suit) and let it dry, put on another layer (both pocket and suit), carefully placed the pocket on the suit (rightside up ... and you ain't moving it once placed) and then flattened with a book on top and then my weight bag. Let it sit this way for two days. Presto ... drysuit pockets!

Ya, apparently the US Pinnacle distributor is not geared up to do all the boot changes, etc. needed to keep pace with demand so there are long queues to get them done. Again, none of this was disclosed to me until AFTER I bought it but not much I can do about that now. Divetank actually had my suit pulled and had BARE do the boot swap so at least they are trying to expedite the order. Just something to consider. If your foot fits the stock boot you are good to go but not w/ my giant feet.

Richard at Divetank told me Pinnacle has a bit of queue. I ordered a Bare a couple of weeks ago, and I'm waiting on a boot swap aswell. Size 13 is not to common I'm finding out.

So you are waiting on Bare? He told me my suit was pulled from the Pinnacle queue to go to Bare since they could do it much quicker. I called yesterday for an update and they didn't know where my suit was and hadn't heard from the vendor (not sure if they were referring to Pinnacle or Bare) for over a week. I'm thrilled. Good luck w/ your suit :)

I feel for you guys. I was very lucky in that I found my Trilam HD Tech on clearance on Scuba Toys and it was the right size, had the accessories I wanted (neo neck seal, latex wrist seals, soft socks, Trek boots), and they threw in CT-200 undies! Hang in there!! I know you'll love the suits when you finally get them.

I was very lucky, walked into divetank to look at the different suits. They had a returned bare trilam fit me perfect, had the gators, pocket, knife holder( whick I will never use), suspenders. I would never had odered any of them, so they came all free and big discount walked out of the store with my suit in hand, diving gods were on my side that day. Love the suit.

So you are waiting on Bare? He told me my suit was pulled from the Pinnacle queue to go to Bare since they could do it much quicker. I called yesterday for an update and they didn't know where my suit was and hadn't heard from the vendor (not sure if they were referring to Pinnacle or Bare) for over a week. I'm thrilled. Good luck w/ your suit :)

Yep, ordered a Bare. I was super close to going with a Pinnacle. Basically it was a flip of a quarter. Richard said they were both great companies.

I noticed Divetank has an updated site now. Good luck with yours aswell. It's it here yet, is it here yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom