List of drysuit candidates, thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ordered the Evo 2, I'll post a couple of words when I get it and manage to make a couple of dives.

I considered Bare XCD2 Tech or Trilam HD Tech and then this came my way without me knowing for the brand at all. The XCD2 lost due to the downsides of neoprene (mainly longer to dry) and Trilam HD went out of the picture as it costs more then Evo 2 and the Evo 2 looks & feels much better then HD...

I ordered the Evo 2, I'll post a couple of words when I get it and manage to make a couple of dives.

I considered Bare XCD2 Tech or Trilam HD Tech and then this came my way without me knowing for the brand at all. The XCD2 lost due to the downsides of neoprene (mainly longer to dry) and Trilam HD went out of the picture as it costs more then Evo 2 and the Evo 2 looks & feels much better then HD...

You're certainly free to buy whatever suit you'd like and the Evo 2 is a nice suit, but IMO this statement is just plain false.

my vote would be for a seaskin suit. made in england. i purchased one and it was $970 plus shipping. it has:

trilam cordura
front zip - Right or left
relief zip
warm neck
3 choices of boots
made to measure custom fit
2 bellows pockets where you want
latex or neoprene seals
and a few others

i have one and have been happy with it. my buddy also got one and has been happy

seaskin.com

Russ

You're certainly free to buy whatever suit you'd like and the Evo 2 is a nice suit, but IMO this statement is just plain false.

IMO, having seen and tried both (not in water though), I stand behind it, and once again, this is my opinion.

You might think differently, and that's just fine with me. However, I wouldn't go so far as to call your opinion false just because it differs from mine, as it is, in the end, your opinion.

So, once again, for me it is better. Period. :lotsalove:

I also just ordered the Evo II. I agree w/ the feel of the material. It's a cordura outer shell and is suppose to be very tough. I do a lot of wreck diving, so I need a tough shell. The features on the suit are also great, especially for the money. You will def get a good deal w/ Divetank. I got the suit, bag, hood, hose, p-valve, dry gloves, and undergarments, delivered for a few hundred less than MSRP. HOWEVER, they told me it would take 6-7 days to do the boot change, then 3-4 days to ship (express). It's been a few weeks not and no suit. Everytime we talk I can't seem to get any kind of solid information on when the suit will show up, they just keep telling me to call back later. Not sure if others have had this experience but it would have been nice if these expectations were set up front. I'll let you know how the Evo works out when (if) I get it.

IMO, having seen and tried both (not in water though), I stand behind it, and once again, this is my opinion.

You might think differently, and that's just fine with me. However, I wouldn't go so far as to call your opinion false just because it differs from mine, as it is, in the end, your opinion.

So, once again, for me it is better. Period. :lotsalove:

Fair enough. In my defense, you didn't state it as an opinion (no IMO), you stated it as fact. But I certainly agree that you have every right to your opinion, and I respectfully disagree. The two materials have a different feel, but it's because they are different materials with a different texture. The Bare trilam used in the Tech HD is bullet-proof ... IMO. :D

I also just ordered the Evo II. I agree w/ the feel of the material. It's a cordura outer shell and is suppose to be very tough. I do a lot of wreck diving, so I need a tough shell. The features on the suit are also great, especially for the money. You will def get a good deal w/ Divetank. I got the suit, bag, hood, hose, p-valve, dry gloves, and undergarments, delivered for a few hundred less than MSRP. HOWEVER, they told me it would take 6-7 days to do the boot change, then 3-4 days to ship (express). It's been a few weeks not and no suit. Everytime we talk I can't seem to get any kind of solid information on when the suit will show up, they just keep telling me to call back later. Not sure if others have had this experience but it would have been nice if these expectations were set up front. I'll let you know how the Evo works out when (if) I get it.

At least here in the Midwest, availability of the Evo 2 has been an issue. It is one reason I ruled them out. Like I said, it is a very nice suit and I know two divers who have them. They did have to wait to get them however. I hope everything works out well for you and that you thoroughly enjoy the Evo 2.

Ya, apparently the US Pinnacle distributor is not geared up to do all the boot changes, etc. needed to keep pace with demand so there are long queues to get them done. Again, none of this was disclosed to me until AFTER I bought it but not much I can do about that now. Divetank actually had my suit pulled and had BARE do the boot swap so at least they are trying to expedite the order. Just something to consider. If your foot fits the stock boot you are good to go but not w/ my giant feet.

Fair enough. In my defense, you didn't state it as an opinion (no IMO), you stated it as fact. But I certainly agree that you have every right to your opinion, and I respectfully disagree. The two materials have a different feel, but it's because they are different materials with a different texture. The Bare trilam used in the Tech HD is bullet-proof ... IMO. :D

Well, things like these cannot be facts, only opinions, as facts are objective, and the only fact in my sentence was that it's cheaper for me then the Trilam HD... :)

Anyway, I hope you don't plan to test weather it really is bulletproof. :D

I just got word that my Evo 2 has been shipped from the US, I ordered it last Tuesday. Now it's all on the customs and transportation...

Well, things like these cannot be facts, only opinions, as facts are objective, and the only fact in my sentence was that it's cheaper for me then the Trilam HD... :)

Anyway, I hope you don't plan to test weather it really is bulletproof. :D

I just got word that my Evo 2 has been shipped from the US, I ordered it last Tuesday. Now it's all on the customs and transportation...

Best of luck with the suit. Hope it provides many enjoyable, safe and dry dives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom