Lion's Dive Resort anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks so much for all of your replies. The late night music would be my main concern out of what I have read from you all. I wonder if anyone has been to Curacao in November and could comment on that time of the year- pros? cons? that is out preferred time to travel but it would be 2024. We also travel in May but I have next May already planned as it will be my birthday trip. Thanks so much and keep the info coming!!!
John Bortie- what kind of room do you get there? would an ocean view have any less noise? We love ocean front but it sounds like that could possibly be more band noise- yes or no?
We generally request a room close to the dive shop. It's the quieter end of the resort usually and convenient as well. If you get an oceanfront room, you will be closer to noise central. I hope this helps.

We generally request a room close to the dive shop. It's the quieter end of the resort usually and convenient as well. If you get an oceanfront room, you will be closer to noise central. I hope this helps.

I'm headed to Lions Dive in Oct, my first trip to Curacao, and I went with a 2 bedroom oceanfront suite...sounds like I'll be in noise central.

The second week we are headed to Bonaire to stay at Bellafonte, I know it'll be quiet there, at least :)

What’s with all the talk about noise and lions dive? Been there twice and found it both quiet and relaxing. Are people confusing it with the resort further down the beach?

If you’re looking for quieter and still want Ocean Encounters ( great outfit and excellent staff, IMO), Sunscape is just up the road and the same dive shop. Just got back Sunday. It’s also a short walk or drive to Mambo( @ 1/2 mile).
Also, spoke briefly with some guys on the boat. Noise didn’t come up in conversation, but they all thought Lions Dive was a good resort.
If you go to Mambo, Boca’s has excellent food.

In June we spent a week at Sunscape, we had a 4th floor room in the tower on the Mambo beach side. It was never loud enough to keep us awake!
Ocean Encounters was great to dive with, several boats to spread people around. I would absolutely consider Lions Dive for our next trip.

Back
Top Bottom