Lionfish in Bonaire now.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My idea for eliminating them from the Carribbean is to start advertising them as a Yuppie delicatessen or an aphrodisiac. A good ad agency could get the job done but be careful of overselling, they may end up on the endangered/protected list.

I think this is a great idea. we should convince somebody that they are aphrodisiacs, some group with a propensity to want that kind of thing, and they will be gone in no time. maybe we can get people to stop finning sharks, and start collecting lion fish!

I like this kind of thinking. You never know....

When doing shore dives in Queens, NY I have watched Lion Fish (juvies mind you) back down much much larger adult fish that would normally eat small things without a thought. Those little boogers are fearless. The only predator they seem to fall pray to is winter. It gets cold and they die off. Unfortunately that won't be happening in Bonaire I should think.
I think that the lion fish in the carribean will stay forever. Stinapa tries to catch them on Bonaire.
The fish will stay however. Bonaire is a great place to dive and emelyapartements can give you the lowest price on the island

My idea for eliminating them from the Carribbean is to start advertising them as a Yuppie delicatessen or an aphrodisiac. A good ad agency could get the job done

Ad agency? You don't need no stinkin ad agency. Just let Tiger Woods be the spokesman!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom