Lion and Wings charge for checked baggage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had trouble using my cc's from time to time buying flights, especially in SE Asia. It turns out that some cc companies flag for this sort of purchase. It's been a real pain in the patootie a couple of times. At least one of my cards was shut down due to being flagged for potential fraud. The cc company had called me to tell me about it and left a message asking me to call them back.

I got that message 2 months later when I finally returned home. Then we had a convo. Grrrr but with that particular card, it will always be the same problem because of how the flag is automatic and the way the fraud department works. Frustrating

I just called my credit card company before using it in Indonesia. I booked 2 domestic one way flights for my LB. One went though but the second one was declined. Customer service agent told me that the card got flagged because the bank thought it was used in India and there is a lot of online cc fraud there.
Call your credit card company and they can leave a note on your account on where and when you are traveling and that SHOULD help.

It should help but doesn't, at least has not worked so far. That is why we had THE convo.

It's an issue with Lionair's site. Credit card company said charge was never transmitted to them. With Nusatrip, the charge was held as possibly fraudulent but a call to the credit card issuer allowed it to go through.

It's an issue with Lionair's site. Credit card company said charge was never transmitted to them. With Nusatrip, the charge was held as possibly fraudulent but a call to the credit card issuer allowed it to go through.

That would work when booking from home country (same as my credit card,), however, I was in Sea Asia

Gone are the days where you get 20kg (15kg on wings) and then try to negotiate a good price for over luggage. Following Air Asia's plan you now have the option of prepaying your luggage online and getting 7kg of free carry on.

Thankfully we had booked prior to the new rule but our friends from Bali had not, they found it cheaper to rent gear on the LOB than paying for over luggage.

Lion Air, Wings Air to charge for checked baggage - The Jakarta Post

Not gone. 6 of us went from Ambon to Denpasar via Makassar with Lion Air on last Thursday (19 September). I talked to the checkin counter (in Bahasa Indonesia) that those 6 bags contained dive gears, ranging from 20 to 25 kg each. None of us had prepaid the luggages. I also had 10kg carryon backpack & 10kg carryon suitcase. The rest of us had 7 carryon bags. All those carryon bags got the approved yellow tags. None of us paid any Rupiah for our check-in bags. So, may be the rule has changed to the good old days.

I guess it depends who you get. If they throw you the book, the excess baggage on the spot is a lot more than prepaid excess.

I bought 30kg for Wings between MOF and LBJ. I want to say it was as much as my flight, about $40. My Batik flight came with 20kg but I paid for an extra 10kg at a steep price of $64. That was prepaid! I guess I'd rather prepay than the risk of getting gouged if they throw me the book.

Garuda is easy...20kg free, plus an extra 23kg for dive gear. I usually stay around 23kg, maybe slightly more by 1-2kg. It has never been an issue since that is also their published rule.

Another related news, on our way to Maumere from Denpasar on 9 September, we took NAM air. My gear bag weighted 25 kg. I told the check-in counter that bag contained dive gear and they said we have 5kg additional allowance to our check-in bags if they contain dive gears. Spread the words!

Back
Top Bottom