Lightweight Fullfoot ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthernShrinkage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Looking for some recommendations on a fullfoot paddle fin for travel .Have recently gotten away from the splits .looking at the Mares avanti and the Cressi pro star . Any other recommendations or opinions of these.

Thx

NorthernShrinkage:
Looking for some recommendations on a fullfoot paddle fin for travel .Have recently gotten away from the splits .looking at the Mares avanti and the Cressi pro star . Any other recommendations or opinions of these.

Thx
I have a pair of Oceanic Caribe and a pair of Aeris Velocity; both are warm-water full-foot (as opposed to open-heel) paddle-type fins. Both are very light-weight and good for travel packing. The Oceanic Caribe fins are a bit longer than the Aeris Velocity, but they also are more powerful and faster. Leisurepro has the Caribe for $19.95 and the Aeris Velocity at $29.95.

Check out Mares Volo Race Fins. I really liked the way they performed on dives and they're not too big to travel with. I do have to say I abused the hell out of them and they only lasted me about 2.5 years (but I dive everyday). Despite thier short life, I would definatly consider buying them again.
As far as the Avantis go, I personally liked the tres (3 grooves) better than the quatros (4 grooves).

Best travel fin, the Oceanic Caribe. Best all around performer, probably the Avanti Tre but Caribe is close as are a couple others. Best value, Caribe.

Technisub Blades Or Cressi Freefrog

I have used the Mares Avanti Tre full-foots for years as a travel fin. Very light and easy to pack.

Not so big or stiff, so not as much raw power as a set of Blades. But my whole setup is sleek, and my kicks are efficient. I've more than once had to chase some diver using much bigger fins and had no trouble catching them using these fins.

I have to agree with Cancun Mark on the freefrogs, they rock!

Back
Top Bottom