Lightroom 3: Awesome for P&S

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vondo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Adobe Lightroom 3 was released today. I'd played around with the betas, but obviously not enough. Lightroom 3 REALLY does marvelous things with noise once you click over to the 2010 processing model. Here are 100% crops from two shots with my G10 on ISO 400. The first is from Lightroom 2. The second from Lightroom 3 (I made a few adjustments to noise reduction since they actually DO something).

Count me very happy to be spending the $100 on the upgrade.

Attachments

• lr2003.jpg
    lr2003.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 75
  • lr2010.jpg
    lr2010.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Hmmm, that looks very nice!
This funcion may will renovate some of my first, noisy pictures made with my Fuji E900.

Thanks for the tip!

Chris

Excellent program. Have been using the beta, then bought a discounted copy of lightroom2 ($127), so I could upgrade.

The real software also has lens corrections.

Yes, I have the feeling that over the next few months I am going to be reprocessing a lot of my old work. I'm able to get acceptable silhouette pics from the G10 on ISO800. Pretty cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom