Light Monkey Customer Service Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First and last experience with Light Monkey:

I bought Light Monkey BAF strobe at 249USD in DiveGearExpress.
After 20 dives I found stains on lock screw.
So, I send this info to LM support, offering them to use titanium as a decision, like other expensive brands do with small metal parts.
Снимок.JPG

As an answer I received from LM owner this letter:

Hello Sergey,

I can see you are a whiny bitch idiot... return it to DGE and we will refund them.

Best regards,
Corey Mearns
Light Monkey Enterprises LLC
248 SW Webbs Glen
Lake City, FL 32024

Product is very good, but, in my opinion, to put it mildly, the owner's way of treating his clients is unacceptable.

I asked him to apologize, but apparently his nose was turned up so much that he did not have the courage to admit his mistake and apologize.
DGE was aware of this correspondence and apologized for the partner AND RETURNED 100% MONEY!

First and last experience with Light Monkey:

I bought Light Monkey BAF strobe at 249USD in DiveGearExpress.
After 20 dives I found stains on lock screw.
So, I send this info to LM support, offering them to use titanium as a decision, like other expensive brands do with small metal parts.
View attachment 628035

As an answer I received from LM owner this letter:

Hello Sergey,

I can see you are a whiny bitch idiot... return it to DGE and we will refund them.

Best regards,
Corey Mearns
Light Monkey Enterprises LLC
248 SW Webbs Glen
Lake City, FL 32024

Product is very good, but, in my opinion, to put it mildly, the owner's way of treating his clients is unacceptable.

I asked him to apologize, but apparently his nose was turned up so much that he did not have the courage to admit his mistake and apologize.
DGE was aware of this correspondence and apologized for the partner AND RETURNED 100% MONEY!

$10 says there's more to this story. Not good customer service, but those guys are all laid back and easy to deal with. Maybe you caught Corey on a bad day. Or maybe there's more to the story to make him have this reaction.

I can see you are a whiny b

Please post the full email exchange. I don’t believe anybody responds like that without provocation. Without that, this post can only be interpreted as trolling or worse. OP gets zero credibility with this as a first post.

I would love to have a light monkey, but as far as I’ve seen their variable focus capability isn’t that good. I need a very clean beam for murky water.

That’s funny. The poster had a screw discolored and suggested to Corey, who makes possibly the finest underwater lights on the planet, to change up his manufacturing process (light monkey makes a lot of their own stuff, but I suspect this thumb screw is sourced) because the screw is discolored. Not corroded, not weak, not inoperable, he doesn’t like the way it looks and should source titanium screws at (no doubt) 10 times the cost.

And then Sergey had to join a forum to complain, which is the very definition of “Whiney bitch idiot”. Congratulations, Karen. You are the reason Karen’s exist.

Since you were refunded %100 and the light is faulty, ensure you recycle it asap.

I volunteer to recycle it for them, ship it from Egypt to the US so I can take care of that for you.

I'd recommend doing it quickly before another screw discolors.

I had a new one fail out of the box. I called them. They sent me a prepaid shipping label.

The day they received it, they looked at it, fixed it and had it back in the mail to me. THE SAME DAY THEY RECEIVED IT.

Things can and do happen in production, especially precision production. It's how the manufacturer handles these issues that is important.

I will recommend LM to anyone that ask.

I've had nothing but fantastic service from LM. The day after my light was received by them it was already serviced, invoiced and ready to ship back to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom