Liftbag Designation and Use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, it might have been us that you were told about. We were there during the first part of September. We shot our bags at the Horse shoe of the mini wall by the bouy, and then we drifted in along the line towards the 15' bouy. Since we were in relatively shallow water and moving towards shore they decided we weren't really in danger.

We gave them a few friendly hassles during that trip, especially Sarah. She had made a few comments about everyone there being instructors, no DM's on staff. They knew that one of the guys in my group was an instructor and teaching the rest of us a class, but apparently Nancy didn't tell the rest of the staff what our diving experience was or what class we were taking...

They seemed a little surprised when they found out that we were taking an advanced nitrox course and the instructor was also a NAUI course Director and held IANTD Trimix and Tech Instructor cards as well NACD Full cave.

I had Full Cave, and the other two in our group were PADI OWSI.

Guess that explains why basic openwater divers were using back inflation and 7' hoses huh?

I think the final blow came when she found out I had one thing that topped hers... The little stamp in my passport that said that I held Cayman Status :D

It was a great trip and they have great staff, and I would highly recommend their operation to anyone heading out that way.

We will definetly dive with them again.

Love Divetech.

My buddy and I did a wall dive behind Cobalt Coast back in April 02 and The guys at DiveTrech said their standard was not to shoot bags unless there was a problem.

When we came up off the wall we just drifted around and looked at the shallow reefs for deco. Very, very nice dive.

Back
Top Bottom