Life after CS2 photshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victor

Contributor
Reaction score
I have Photoshop CS2 and while it is overkill for my level of expertise with picture editing I have been happy with it.
Now I have a D300, only to find out that CS2 does not support D300 RAW files :angrymob:.

I need a simple to use but resonably powerfull photo editor.
It must support Olympus C8080 and Nikon D300 raw files.

What does everyone else use and what are the pro & cons.

When I upgraded from a D70 to D300, it was a nasty supprise that I had to upgrade to CS3. I use Adobe Bridge, and Photoshop for all my editing.

Have you tried the Olympus Master 2 program??? Or I like Lightroom myself....

I have Photoshop CS2 and while it is overkill for my level of expertise with picture editing I have been happy with it.
Now I have a D300, only to find out that CS2 does not support D300 RAW files :angrymob:.

I need a simple to use but resonably powerfull photo editor.
It must support Olympus C8080 and Nikon D300 raw files.

What does everyone else use and what are the pro & cons.

Try The Gimp.

It's free and does all sorts of files.

Terry

do you really need PS? or lightroom/ Adobe elements maybe all what you need?

do you really need PS? or lightroom/ Adobe elements maybe all what you need?

I'm not sure if it handles the necessary file formats, but Google's Picasa is excellent for images that just need contrast/brightness/color adjustments and cropping, and it's also free.

Terry

You can use PSE7 to convert and do basic adjustment and finish in CS2 if necessary. You can sometimes get PSE7 on sale for $59 (or get it at a college bookstore for the student/teacher price-same program for less money. Technically, you can't use it professionally. I had to download a plug-in to open my Olympus Raws in PS7, you may be able to get a plug in for the D300 as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom