http://www.diveheart.org/

Letter from Kimber family spokesperson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
Mike - yeppers we got it! :chicken: Hey I didn't know you were a single dad :wink:

Whoa, I'm a *stay-at-home* dad, not a *single* dad! Down, girl(s)! :wink:

(She Who Must Be Obeyed would have something to say about it!)

Lamont has a good idea btw... if this is going to be a long haul, then monthly debits are the way to go... then she can budget for some regular income.

Mike

Missdirected:
UPDATE FROM KIMBER/TEK AND SUE
On Saturday June 3rd, 2006, Kimberly Thurman was diving on the wreck of the Hogan off Point Loma in San Diego off the dive boat Lois Ann. After her second dive, she surfaced and made her way on to the dive platform and informed the crew she was not feeling well.

The crew of the Lois Ann got her onto the deck and began immediate first aid treatment. She was transferred to primary care within an hour or so of the incident and then taken to a hospital for evaluation, medical care, and treatment.

Since then she has remained in the hospital moving from Critical Care to Intensive Care and will now be moved to a Rehabilitation center. She suffered a serious case of Arterial Gas Embolism. Her condition the first 10 days was critical and grave. However, she has responded remarkably well to treatment and is alive, well, and progressing. The physical therapy will take many months, as her brain has to learn how to re-do many things. Miraculously, she is awake, talking up a storm, laughing, and is on the road to healing.

We are grateful for the speed and professionalism that was shown by all those involved in her rapid and speedy rescue and transport to higher medical help, and know that was a critical part of her survival.

At this time we do not know the cause of the embolism, hopefully some future tests will help find that out.

In the meantime, we are concentrating on helping her learn to do all the basic functions that we all take for granted. We are caring for her children during this difficult time as well. It will be a long journey to recovery, but we are confident that she will be home with her family and children soon.

We appreciate all the well wishes and the contributions to Kimberly Thurman Recovery Assistance Fund. This fund was established by her friends to help with the many day to day bills that are not covered by insurance. All help is greatly appreciated, as she will not be able to work for at the least a few more months. Info on how to make contributions to her recovery fund can be found at http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=507

As we have more updates on her condition and progress we will have them posted to the appropriate web boards.

Thank you again for all of your prayers, good wishes, and concern for our friend Kimber.

Sincerely,

Sue Schimka (Kimber's Best Friend)

Note: The previous was okayed by Kimber/Tek herself :wink:

:jump:

From Kimber herself this is going to be a long road so lets all dig deep and get her back to where she needs to be!
:jump:

abaduck:
Whoa, I'm a *stay-at-home* dad, not a *single* dad! Down, girl(s)! :wink:

(She Who Must Be Obeyed would have something to say about it!)

Lamont has a good idea btw... if this is going to be a long haul, then monthly debits are the way to go... then she can budget for some regular income.

Mike

That is a great idea :)

Hey now abaduck, you are the fella that came in the Single Parents United thread, hehehheh.

An update from rehab...was coming tonight but my internet connection dropped and I lost my post...that said, I'm going to bed now because I have long days ahead of me. I just wanted to thank you all for your well wishes, and your kindness and your prayers...but now I must sleep. Kimber

Welcome back, Kimber! We're all proud of you!

TekDiveGirl:
An update from rehab...was coming tonight but my internet connection dropped and I lost my post...that said, I'm going to bed now because I have long days ahead of me. I just wanted to thank you all for your well wishes, and your kindness and your prayers...but now I must sleep. Kimber

Are you purposely waiting until I go to bed :D I'm going to set a buzzer on my computer for when you log on. Hook it up to the house fire alarm. Eh, maybe not that is a little bit extreme. :D So glad your posting - even if it is just a couple lines sistuh. Get better. Loads and loads of hugs to you. BTW Sue is awesome :14: Oooooh, also we need to get you a shirt

Greetings to all of you,
Last night I typed a dictated message from Kimber for all of you and I don't see that it got posted. We were having problems with the internet connection and made two attempts but unless I am looking in the wrong place, the second post didn't go through either.

I'll keep this brief and see if we can give it another go this weekend but she wanted all of you to know how greatful she is for the tremendous support that is being displayed here. As I read the posts to her, I could see the look of pure joy and happiness in her eyes as she heard from all of you. She was so touched she was literally speechless (and those of you who know her, know...that's somethin!)

I am thinking about printing out some of these posts as we go along and making a giant card for her as she can't quite get on the computer on her own at this point....if you have a special message, you can send me PM and I will try to include it...having said this, I know that I am probably getting myself in deeper than I will be able to handle, but I'll do my best to include everything. It's the closest thing to passing a card around that I can think of and I can hang it on her wall so she can see it everyday.
Thanks again,
tj

tjcrew:
Greetings to all of you,
Last night I typed a dictated message from Kimber for all of you and I don't see that it got posted. We were having problems with the internet connection and made two attempts but unless I am looking in the wrong place, the second post didn't go through either.
tip - if you're have too many problems losing postings, when you're typing up something longish do it in a text file and save it. It's easier to type in a bigger window anyway. That way if the post fails it's easy to paste it and try again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom