http://www.diveheart.org/

Letter from Kimber family spokesperson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dear Friends,

I have recieved information on where to send donations which NetDoc has already outlined. Many, many, thanks for Kimber's family allowing us the opportunity to assist. The following is the letter I recieved from Sue, the family spokesperson:

On June 3rd our friend Kimber was evacuated to a hospital for emergency medical treatment. Since then she has remained in round the clock care in a Critical Care Unit. She is making progress in recovery but it is expected that the recovery and healing time will be long. While insurance covers much of the very expensive hospical costs, that will eventually run out, and it does not cover the daily expenses of caring for her children and her home. We know that many of you have asked how you can help and support her during this difficult and challenging time. To that end we have established The Kimberly Thurman Recovery Assistance Fund at Washington Mutual Bank Contributions will be administered and distributed in an appropriate manner for expenses not covered by insurance.

To make a contribution either in name or anonymously
please send contributions to:

Kimberly Thurman Recovery Assistance Fund
c/o Pat Hawkins
1675 San Elijo Ave
Cardiff, CA 92007
United States

If you have a Washington Mutual branch near you, the
Account # is: 3121460715

You can also send contributions via PAY-PAL https://www.paypal.com/ to:

patahawkins@aol.com

Any cards that are included will be delivered to her
by her family. As we can give you updates on her
progress we will do so. Your generous support is
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Susan

***Note: Thanks to all who read this and are holding Kimber, her children, family, and friends in their thoughts.

As for PayPal, go directly to their web address and go from there :)

As soon as we have an update on Kimber's condition, and are given persmission, we will post it.

-MissDirected

Hope she gets well soon. Our prayers are with her.

I just donated via PayPal, this morning. I was sure to note in the transaction that I was from Scubaboard and included my SB handle.

Some thoughts:

1) We all have used gear lying around, why not donate it to Kimber's fund? Here is what I am thinking: people post their gear, exchange PM's, use paypal to donate to Kimber's fund, and then get the gear. For instance, I have a Mares PureVision mask, black skirt, great condition, but doesn't fit me right in cold water for some weird reason. If someone wants it send me a PM and we'll work out the details. I'll pay shipping if you donate to her fund.

If people think this a good idea, someone should start a new thread for this.

2) Just donate. There are over 52,000 members of this board. I don't know Kimber at all, but I do know this is a unique community and people care for each other here. Surely, the outpouring of support on this board alone indicates that. If 10% of the board donates $20, that is a good chunk of cash that could go a long ways.

I'm going to do both of these-and I sincerely hope that Kimber gets well soon. Let this be another example of how the internet can connect people and do some good in this world.

-Doug

From one single mom to another... donation sent. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!

Jennifer

All good Ideas Doug and the details will be worked out I'm sure

As NetDoc has said, do not "give till it hurts" but just give what makes you happy .. and I would like to say that few dollars a month, that you can give freely, is far, far better then some amount given once, that hurts you to do it.
This is going to be a long haul .. and I am on board, for as long as I am needed and I know that all of ScubaBoard is up to the task too ..

Thank you Tracy for all your legwork, and to all the others .. .. good friends to Kimber you are .. :D

DB

sapphire:
From one single mom to another... donation sent. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!

Jennifer

Me too.

Wish I could do more.

The gear idea is a great one. Unfortunatley, I don't have spare gear around.

PayPal donation sent.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone. It is greatly and deeply appreciated.

:jump: :luxhello: :jump: :luxhello: :jump: :luxhello: :jump: :luxhello: :jump:

Back
Top Bottom