http://www.diveheart.org/

Letter from Kimber family spokesperson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underwaterangel:
Due to medical probs of my own I can only send prayers now, but will do more when possible.

and sorry to any who got a copy of what was supposed to be a PM instead of this post. Multiple windows can be a pain.

Keep sending those prayers.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will be permitted to give an update on Kimber's condition. I promise, as soon as I am allowed to print it, it will land here in the Kimber forum.

Just thinking about TDG. Paypal donation sent.

dsteding:
Some thoughts:

1) We all have used gear lying around, why not donate it to Kimber's fund? Here is what I am thinking: people post their gear, exchange PM's,
-Doug

I am currently managing an effort just like you describe for another injured diver. I sold quite a bit of ddonated gear vie scubaboard clasified, ebay and word of moulth. It takes some effort to collect, photograph, store and ship but it's we did raise a good amount this way. Everyone wins too. Donations are tax deductable, people buy used gear at fire sale prices and people just like to "do something" to help. it gives them a chance.

But... Compared to our goal of raising $300,000 selling used wetsuits at $25 each seems like dumpping buckets in the ocean. The way to reach the goal is to get to the people who can afford to write those four and five figure checks. but gear sales keep people involved and the more people the more chanc of finding that big donor. The clasified ads you post help spread the message without looking like you are begging. many pople when they hear what you are doing will toss in an extra $20 or so.

I do not want to compete with your effort so rather then a link you can search on my username in the clasified section of scubaboard for an example of how I am running this. I'm selling four items to some divers tonight. got some boxes in my truck to deliver to a loval dive site tonight

Send me a PM if you decide to do this too. I get many email requets like "Do yu have an SPG?" it would be productive if I could say, for example "No but the Kimber Fund has one"

send a PM if you want some more info I can at the laest offer some advice on pricing and what sell and what does not.

What a special group you all are...Well done to all the organisers...
I wear pink an aweful lot now...Kimber knows your all here with kind thoughts...
My contribution will be in tomorrow...it's payday. For someone I've never cuddled I feel pretty attached...little pink winged angel...come home to us soon...there's some things I want to show you from the sky xxx

I'm thinking of wearing something pink to work, but haven't figured out how to get away with it, considering my navy blue uniform. Can't wait 'til the pink bracelets are available!

Just a reminder folks:

From another single mom.

It is a tough time of the year to be generous with all the summer fun we're having. Let's try to give often and generously. I can't imagine what this will be like for Kimber, and the financial stress it will cause. Not only will she be out of work for what looks like a while, but she'll have hospital expenses.

I am committed to give each payday. Think of how it will all add up if we each do something on a regular basis, and ease some of the burden on her and her family.

I just received this e-mail from Paypal about my donation to the Kimber fund. Anyone else have problems with the address? I double checked it before sending, and triple checked it today. Any suggestions?

Two days ago you sent a payment to patahawkins@aol.com. This payment is still unclaimed. Often, unclaimed payments are a result of a payment being sent to a misspelled or otherwise incorrect email address. Please double-check to make sure you sent your payment to the intended recipient's correct email address.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom