Let's try again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was last down at the beginning of the month and got in just 2 days of diving out of 6 Happy New Year?. I'll be here for the next 8 days, hope things go a bit smoother, so to speak. Looks like it's going to be touch and go all week.

Jupiter Dive Center cancelled their Sunday 3 tanker yesterday afternoon due to predictions of 4-6 feet. I'll be going out with Narcosis in West Palm this morning at 11, we'll see...

Keep us posted! What temps did you see out of WPB too? Me and my daughter were thinking of trying to get down there next weekend for either a Saturday or Sunday dive. Fall back plan is to just go to BHB... we need to work a little more on weighting for our new suits anyway before our Livaboard in a month or so.

I"m grateful, I got out today with Narcosis, Capt Alex, Damien and Finch. It was a solid 5-6 feet. some significantly bigger. Quite windy. The water was chilly, 71-73 degrees, I'm switching to my 7mm for the rest of the week. Water was reasonably blue, visibility averaged about 50 feet, sometimes a little better. Surge stirred up some sand clouds on the 1st dive.

We did South Double Ledge and Drifting Spot. Many Nurse Sharks, several big Green Morays, a Loggerhead, all the usual reef fish. Reboarding was somewhat of a challenge, not too bad. Spent a fair amount of time trying to not fall down. Boat coat came in very handy during the SI.

Scheduled for a 3 tanker out of Boynton on Starfish for tomorrow, I'm optimistic.

What depth are those spots @scubadada ? That 71-73 sure beats the heck outta the Gulf side (56!). I contacted Starfish yesterday trying to get out next weekend but they are closed down for the 1st half of the month.

That's quite the nice size seas for loading back onto the boat!

What depth are those spots @scubadada ? That 71-73 sure beats the heck outta the Gulf side (56!). I contacted Starfish yesterday trying to get out next weekend but they are closed down for the 1st half of the month.

Both dives had a max depth of about 80 feet. Water temp was uniform entire water column.

Donny,

Sign up to go out with Kevin and Underwater Explorers. There are 4 spots Sat and Sun morning, 3 spots Sat afternoon. I'd be glad to take you and your daughter

Best, Craig

Love starfish and UE too. Starfish has new engine... no more choking to death. Can’t wait to go back to B.B. in April. Too bad lobster season will be over. Gotta learn to spear.

I"m grateful, I got out today with Narcosis, Capt Alex, Damien and Finch. It was a solid 5-6 feet. some significantly bigger. Quite windy. The water was chilly, 71-73 degrees, I'm switching to my 7mm for the rest of the week. Water was reasonably blue, visibility averaged about 50 feet, sometimes a little better. Surge stirred up some sand clouds on the 1st dive.

We did South Double Ledge and Drifting Spot. Many Nurse Sharks, several big Green Morays, a Loggerhead, all the usual reef fish. Reboarding was somewhat of a challenge, not too bad. Spent a fair amount of time trying to not fall down. Boat coat came in very handy during the SI.

Scheduled for a 3 tanker out of Boynton on Starfish for tomorrow, I'm optimistic.
Good for you! Say hi to Adam and Maggie for me.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom