Let's get to know the Philippine paradise divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon:
in that case lets be the first at the site

sige, set natin ng mga 1:00pm, para una tayo sa hapon, FIRST AFTERNOON DIVE of the day.

hehehhehehehe

HMMMMMMMM ALAM NYO I CHANGED MY MIND !!!!

I WILL NOT BABY SIT. I WILL JUST DO FUN DIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sama kami sa first dive, WHat time would that be?

you will definitely benefit from your rig taking your pics here !!!

Good luck on the Volos ....... hhehehhe

Ishie:
Name: Ishie
Dream Dive: Philippines!
Equipment: Dive Rite Transpac II with Venture wing, Mares Volos, PST 80, Proton Ice, Dive Rite B'air air computer (borrowing a Vytec for the trip though), Aqualung Mythos
Camera: Oly C-5060wz, Ike Housing, Ike DS-50 Strobe, Inon UWL 100, Inon 165M67

Ishie:
Except for their hideous awful straps, I'm actually fond of my Volos.

I know, I'm not proud. :wink:

TIP : in the way "bangka"-local boat diving vessels are accessed, the volos are adding task loading to divers. you may want to consider getting some easy strap fins

Was trying, but couldn't find any spring straps last minute. I'll generally just loosen them.

I managed to break the lock off one fin without breaking the strap mechanism, which makes that fin MUCH easier to deal with if the mechanism holds. I'm wondering if there's a way I can bash the lock on the other fin to get it to work! (I have a spare pair of horrid straps). If not, I'll just do what I did in the Channel Islands: rip the soles off my boots yanking them off.

How are the bangkas accessed? I've tried all types. The "shamu" decks are a pill for the DM, so I try to loosen straps before boarding so they aren't pulling as much. For similar to getting back onto a zodiac or small boat, I can yank them off myself so no worries, and on a ladder, I yank them off in water and hand them up.

My straps generally give me the biggest troubles when I'm trying to negotiate a shore dive, and wrestle them off while not getting washed onto the beach tank first OR getting pulled out to over where I can stand once they're off.

Ishie:
Diving since: April, 2004
Certifications: OW, AOW, Nitrox
Favorite dive sites: Point Lobos, Carmel, CA.
Equipment: Dive Rite Transpac II with Venture wing, Mares Volos, PST 80, Proton Ice, Dive Rite B'air air computer (borrowing a Vytec for the trip though), Aqualung Mythos

welcome to the PPD, Ishie!

I decided to go the research pathway. Ended up here in the PI and loving it. :)

Ishie:
Diving since: April, 2004
Certifications: OW, AOW, Nitrox
Favorite dive sites: Point Lobos, Carmel, CA.
give us a buzz when you get here!!! welcome to the ppd!

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom