Let's all complain about the weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My daughter's American Eskimo dog has to be carried far enough outside so that he is not doing his business on the step. It's only -20c.

@Marie13
it has been so long since we experienced rain that my puppy dog, a Tibetan terrier named Lucky, has no recollection of what rain is and so far has refused to go out side ---
I wonder what he would do in Chicago with all the ice and snow and the COLD weather ?

Stay warm and dry ...and INSIDE your abode

Sam

And we have children who are school aged and have never seen the rain. That's why we do this -

Well enough already with this winter.. . yesterday was shivering so violently I think I was stirring the whole reef. Computer read 76F but felt close frostbite.
I'm on my way out there again because the seas are nice but the struggle is definitely real.

You guys might have the extreme cold weather, but to make up for warmer weather in California we pay an exorbitant luxury tax. Gas is $1.00 more per gallon than anywhere else, property prices are outrageous, we have the highest state tax rate in the union, commercial rents are outrageous so the price of food and goods is higher, etc. We have the highest population of homeless people and families because of gentrification and now because of the new phenomenon of devastating wildfires. We have a lot of poverty here. Crime is an ever increasing problem. You guys pay $250K for a great house and we pay $1.5M for less.
You guys bitch about freezing your asses off but you’re not realizing the overall value your getting.

It’s been raining like hell here in Norcal. The Russian River flooded again.
But today looks like it’s going to dry out and be nice. It will be sunny and in the 50’s.
I’m going to take the dog to the beach.

I feel your pain

It's been down to 71F (22C) here and we've had rain!!!

The sea is freezing its also as low as 22C (71F) at least it'll arm up a little to 28C (82F) by the end of the week Roll on summer when the sea is 30C (86F) although it does climb to 37C (98.6 F) which is not so nice :(

Not happy in this hemisphere either - 11am and its 41.3C .. Melting while you're freezing.

That's not hot, I love when it drops down to 40C (104F) in the summer (that's our night time temp) Hot (nee miserable) is above 50C (122F)

Well the brochure for S. Florida in the 80's didn't have freezing temps underwater.
California may have fires but there's something to say about the strong breezes we get every so often. And 2 or 300k wouldn't get much of a house in S.Florida, at least not reasonably close to the coastline.
So I'll pay the BS rates of home insurance n the rip-off property taxes but 76 degrees at just 50' deep is nonsense.

By the way.... I don't understand how anyone can say 50 F and "nice" in the same sentence

My partner got to do two dives yesterday, air temp about 27c and water temp was 20c or 68f, light northerly, no chop, 1 meter swell,she reported 10-15 meter viz on the 90 foot sub. I got to go to work and spend half the day doing switch upgrades, and my car came back with almost no fuel in it.

When Ohio weather gives you lemons...

50969884_10156980149674710_5537130782134370304_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom