Let me consider Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've posted queries re: Cozumel, Grand Cayman etc.

Would like to get info. re: Belize

Actually I've been to all 3 places already. Was on Cay Caulker last year.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel with diving from it's own pier, dive lockers on Ambergris Caye that's within walking distance of some stores but not right in the middle of San Pedro?

Thanks,

Sy

There is no shore diving in Belize and definitely not from Ambergris--you would get cut down by boat traffic swimming out to the reef and it's a bit far. If you want the conditions you have mentioned, you may want to consider Bonaire. Bonaire is great, but if you have a non-diving partner, they could get bored quickly.

Hi ,

Was in Bonaire a few months ago at the Divi and LOVED the dive set-up there

I really meant to say "jump off the hotel's pier" diving rather than "shore diving".

Anything come to mind in Belize?

Thanks,

Sy

There is no shore diving in Belize and definitely not from Ambergris--you would get cut down by boat traffic swimming out to the reef and it's a bit far. If you want the conditions you have mentioned, you may want to consider Bonaire. Bonaire is great, but if you have a non-diving partner, they could get bored quickly.

you mean "jump off the hotel's pier onto a boat"? - if not, then no.

The closest thing to the Bonaire Divi's "jump off the pier" in Belize is a liveaboard . . .

I'll agree, the Divi pier is about the simplest shore dive you'll find in Bonaire.

you might look at Tradewinds Paradise Villa's, they are just north end of town, the dock is 50 yards down the beach. it happens to be ours but we work with TPV. yes we will wash and store all your gear during the evenings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom