leisurepro worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leisure Pro was my worst experience EVER. I would NEVER order from them. I give my LDS all the business..............................

From the cited thread...

Just wanted everyone to know a bit about me.
Certified diver for 19 yrs.
Dive shop owner for 1 1/2 yrs.
Worked in dive shops for 6 yrs.

Oy!

(Oh man, can you say "conflict of interest"?) :)

awap once bubbled...

Because it would seem awfully silly if an LDS owner to took his business to some other LDS.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7715

Is there something going on here that I don't understand?

ROFL AWAP

I am so sick and tired of hearing this @#$%^&*crap about supporting your Price gouging LDS and not shopping online. We are in a free society.. SO GET A LIFE and let people support who ever they want. All this ridiculous fear mongering about " oh where you gonna get air if the LDS go under"?

With the money you save you can buy your own!!!!!!!!
Why would anyone in their right sane mind pay double and as much as triple for the same gear????? We are living in a free world and we have the entire planet on our desk top, so we got choices. If the LDS want to compete and make more business then they better learn some lessons from the guys who are making money instead of whining about it.

*hire a webmaster and develop a website

*bring your LDS into the 21 century

*do what the other guys are doing instead of complaining about them taking all the business.

Does Burger King complain because Mcdonalds is having a special or vice versa?

Does GM complain if Ford is going to offer better financing?

In life... you LEAD, FOLLOW, or GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY.
If product A is sold at store B for $1 and sold at store C for $2

I along with logical thinking humans go to store B
:)

pt40fathoms once bubbled...
Good luck getting warrenty on some items from Leisure Pro. Just check out Dive Rite's web site, they clearly state that Leisure Pro not only is not an authorized dealer, and that items purchased from them will not be warrentied. Further to that, Leisure Pro used catalogue images of Dive Rite's product without the knowledge or permission of Dive Rite. Do you really want to deal with them, and other so called "online dealers" who run their business that way?

Two words come to mind, Buyer Beware!

It's a free world, you are free to make your own purchasing choices, just understand all that comes with making those choices.

All this tells me is not to buy at leisure pro, but instead it tells me not to buy DiveRite Products from LeisurePro, which I think ends up hurting DiveRite:rolleyes:

If I had a Scuba product line, my first target to sell my line would be LeisurePro, who will sell more of my stuff??

mddolson,
I agree with the earlier poster - then let LDS's raise the price of a fill by a dollar....my LDS was selling a specific brand of gear for FULL MSRP! Thats absurd in today's competetive market. You want to pay MSRP on the next car you buy? I know I don't and can't afford that...

Thats one of the biggest obstacles for newbies getting INTO this sport - cost! Its always been a middle-class sport only available to those who have money.

Our LDS told us during our BOW course that in over 40 yrs of business, their stastics show that the average scuba diver makes $35k per year. I dunno about some of you guys if you have that kind of income, but as a FT college student working PT - I don't! (Yea, I know what your thinking - am I this 20 yr old where mom and dad are funding my education? Hardly - I'm 43 yrs old).

Until some of the LDS's start being more competetive, I'll shop at Leisure Pro, AND, if need be, I'll mail my regs for service there as well - and probably save on that too in the long run - evenn with shipping fees.

Someone needs to get the FTC after these "dive shop" owners and manufacturers who think that the Sherman and Clayton acts are toilet paper.

Try to negotiate with your dealer. They know of places like leisure pro and diveinn. I dont expect my LDS to match the price but he does give me discounted pricing to stay competitive and I can not remember the last time I paid for a air fill or full price for service. My money goes local, plus its a cool place to hang out.

They CAN'T negotiate.

Scubapro being one. More than 10% off and they lose their dealership.

Unless I'm reading the law (I ain't a lawyer) wrong this is a flatly-illegal price restraint, but until someone sues and makes a big deal out of it (going to the FTC, etc) it will continue.

Genesis wrote...
They CAN'T negotiate.

Scubapro being one. More than 10% off and they lose their dealership.
A typical workaround is to give a larger discount on another item in a package deal, or to throw in free or appropriately discounted training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom