LeisurePro purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a possible solution; pay using PayPal! Well, I did just this for my last LP purchase and, no worries.

Otherwise, I do not understand the OP's issue.

Frankly, I'm not sure why you even bring it up on the board. Just another excuse to bash LP? This is an issue which you need to sort out with them and your bank. I'm sure that many of us have had issues when paying by CC with many companies. Do you seriously think that they were trying to rip you off? I run a Internet company. I have tens of issues daily with both dyslexic customers (can't type in a three or four digit number) and banks who are really incompetent. :confused:

I just purchased a wetsuit, vest, boots from LeisurePro and was confident with the many good reviews it seemed to have from people on this site as well as others I have met but... They tried to charge my card 7 times twice the correct amount and the other 5 varied amounts in the same day for one transaction. Luckily my bank flagged it and called me. The reason they had my exp date wrong. They didn't tell me they had something wrong until after the 7 attempts and after my bank calling. When I called they said they charged so many because sometimes people have a limit on their amount to be charged. If that was the case I wouldn't have made the purchase in the first place (It was only 300). So now I had to clear everything and tell them to charge it again the next day. The guy on the phone was basically saying that they were not doing anything wrong. I think they were. Has anyone experienced something like this from them? Should I just cancel my order?

I have bought a lot of equipment from Leisure Pro and have never had my card charged for the wrong amount. I have also ordered items that were not in stock and they never charged my card until the products actually shipped.

I had some items that I returned that I bought someone for a gift and they credited my card the day after receiving the returned merchandise.

I have never had a problem with them whatsoever.

I have bought a lot of equipment from Leisure Pro and have never had my card charged for the wrong amount. I have also ordered items that were not in stock and they never charged my card until the products actually shipped.

I had some items that I returned that I bought someone for a gift and they credited my card the day after receiving the returned merchandise.

I have never had a problem with them whatsoever.

Ditto: I have been in the store and also ordered online, never a problem.

Sorry about your problem but I also have made numerous purchases from Leisure Pro and have always received good services and prompt response to any inquiries regarding my orders.

It sounds to me like you provided them with the wrong information. I don't see anything wrong with you having to correct your mistake.

I don't think they were being dishonest, they were simply trying to process your order, perhaps a little to aggresively--lol.

N

Sigh. Well I wasnt trying to bash Leisurepro I was just trying to figure out if this has happened before and to see if I should be concerned. Like I said seems alot of people have had good results with them. On the response that what difference it would have made if LP called me instead of the bank is that it could have been solved right there than involving my bank to put a hold on the purchase. Im glad this was just an unusual case.
Thank you all for your responses.

The only thing I have to add to this is that LP is a very large company and you are upset with they way one employee handled a situation. Keep in mind that you probably would have heard from LP by the next day. Your bank just called quicker.

Because LP is the largest scuba retailer in the world, you often experience problems when you deal with them, but they always make them right.

Also you're new to the board, so you might not know that LP bashing is very common here. That might explain some of the reactions you've recieved.

You still didn't explain - other than finding some excuse to become indignant - what the practical difference would be if LP had called the customer first.

It would have been good customer service on LP's part to call the customer.

I have worked retail for quite some time now, and my experience with credit cards is that if it didn't go through the first time and I double AND triple checked the numbers and tried a 2nd time and it still failed to be authorized, then I can make an educated guess that it will not go through on the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th AND 7th times. After the 2nd or 3rd try I would have called the customer to verify if the numbers were correct. Whether they gave me the incorrect number or I wrote it down wrong, it's still human error, but after a couple of tries it should have occurred to the salesperson that something was wrong and that trying it another few times would not change anything. I am just saying a phone call would have shown better customer service than a phone call from the bank asking if the charges were legit.

My point was, I understand the frustration the OP had with the transaction and how they could be concerned about future purchases.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom