LeisurePro purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last time I checked for all those people who don't live near Leisurepro... usb ports haven't started filling cylinders yet. Also I don't think Leisure pro could possible service you stuff with a few days. I whole heartly support LDS and if Leisure pro is your lds great. To bad the manufactures who supposedly don't support online sales seem to always turn a blind eye to it.

Oh well, the internet is the best thing since the wheel to most people who shop online and thank you for cutting my hours back to save 50 bucks.

Cheers
If your fill service is so valuable and hard to replace, why not charge a price that reflects that? Charge $25 a tank, $35 for nitrox. People will either have to quit diving or pay you, right? If LeisurePro can't match your service, why not charge accordingly? Won't people pay more to have their stuff serviced in a few days? Sorry you've had your hours cut back; if your shop is a charitable organization I'll send the $50. That's what you're asking for, isn't it? Charity?

If your fill service is so valuable and hard to replace, why not charge a price that reflects that? Charge $25 a tank, $35 for nitrox. People will either have to quit diving or pay you, right? If LeisurePro can't match your service, why not charge accordingly? Won't people pay more to have their stuff serviced in a few days? Sorry you've had your hours cut back; if your shop is a charitable organization I'll send the $50. That's what you're asking for, isn't it? Charity?

Leisure Pro (and other shops) have a solution for overpriced air fills also.

Max-Air 35 Compressor from LeisurePro.com

Solution for air fill, rent tanks form the dive boat operator. Does the air fill that the LDS offer justified the over changing on the dive gear they sell.

hey you can make some money off of this thing in dive areas that have no fill stations. at 7 bucks a fill you need to fill 500 times to justified it.

while that sounds like a decent idea to offset the initial cost of the compressor, since most folks who own them for "personal use" don't have any liability insurance for 'selling air fills', you're easily opening yourself up to possible lawsuits in the rare case that a diver had an accident and died after getting an airfill from your compressor, even if the death is unrelated to the air fill.

you get a family member, or spouse that has lot a loved one, their lawyer will include anyone they can in the lawsuit. THe place he bought his gear, the instructor that taught him to dive, the dive boat owner, the captain, the mate, the maufacturer of his regulator, the last person who worked on it at the LDS, and the tooth fairy.

At least if you're going to do it get them to sign a standard time liability release form. If they won't do it, then screw them... don't give them an airfill.

I've seen this happen in general aviation. a drunk breaks into an airport, steals a plane and takes off and hits the ground at over 100mph, kiling him. His family sued the airport, the mechanic who worked on the plane, the aircraft manufacturer, the aircraft owner he stole it from, and the manufacturer of the seat in the airplane. They sued the seat manufacturer because the seat broke loose in the 100mph + crash as the airplane crumpled around him because they said the seat should haven't come loose. Now remember this guy was drunk and stole an airplane and wasn't even a pilot.

while that sounds like a decent idea to offset the initial cost of the compressor, since most folks who own them for "personal use" don't have any liability insurance for 'selling air fills', you're easily opening yourself up to possible lawsuits in the rare case that a diver had an accident and died after getting an airfill from your compressor, even if the death is unrelated to the air fill.

you get a family member, or spouse that has lot a loved one, their lawyer will include anyone they can in the lawsuit. THe place he bought his gear, the instructor that taught him to dive, the dive boat owner, the captain, the mate, the maufacturer of his regulator, the last person who worked on it at the LDS, and the tooth fairy.

At least if you're going to do it get them to sign a standard time liability release form. If they won't do it, then screw them... don't give them an airfill.

I've seen this happen in general aviation. a drunk breaks into an airport, steals a plane and takes off and hits the ground at over 100mph, kiling him. His family sued the airport, the mechanic who worked on the plane, the aircraft manufacturer, the aircraft owner he stole it from, and the manufacturer of the seat in the airplane. They sued the seat manufacturer because the seat broke loose in the 100mph + crash as the airplane crumpled around him because they said the seat should haven't come loose. Now remember this guy was drunk and stole an airplane and wasn't even a pilot.

Its was ment as a joke. I know what you mean, NY is a no fault state, everyone sues everyone else on little fender benders. There are also way to many lawyers here in NYC.

For those that dive allot, they only need to use 500 fills to make the investment worth it. Some on this board with over 1000 dives, it would have been worth it. smiles.

I live in NY and went to LP to see about a wet suit i tried it on and the guy at the desk tells me the suit doesn't fit good enough and not to buy it. Now that tells me one thing they would rather not sell the suit then sell something that didn't fit, i buy most of my stuff through my LDS but LP will always get some of my business

Ha, that's the last thing I would do if I was running a compressor in my garage. It won't stop any lawsuits but it will leave a paper trail documenting that you filled his tank. Nope, if an accident happened I'm disabling the compressor and saying it hasn't worked in months.

Ha, that's the last thing I would do if I was running a compressor in my garage. It won't stop any lawsuits but it will leave a paper trail documenting that you filled his tank. Nope, if an accident happened I'm disabling the compressor and saying it hasn't worked in months.

That is the way to do it, LMAO

Leisure Pro (and other shops) have a solution for overpriced air fills also.

Max-Air 35 Compressor from LeisurePro.com

With the amount I have already overspent and would have continued overspending, had I not discovered this lovely board, on my gear at the LDS, I could have bought one of those myself! :D

Back
Top Bottom