Leisure Pro bait and switch still happening - warning.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same thing happened to me. Order 2 items and both showed IN STOCK.. sure enough a day later, I got an email saying the item is not available but they will "upgrade" me to a new item. Will be doing business with other dealers online or LDS

I'm sorry you had a negative experience. I've ordered from Amazon (considered to have the best inventory management systems) when it said "in stock" only to get an email later telling me it was out of stock. It's not intentional, it's a combination of human and computer error.

What were the items ordered and what was offered as an "upgrade". It just seems to me that makes all the difference between a bait and switch at the customers expense and good customer service (after a retailers error) at the retailers expense.

Ok this is several months old but I will say. I have had nothing but good luck with you getting things done (Except the old cell phone internet bug you got fixed LOL). Anyway just wanted to put my 2 cents in and say its hard to find people who go out of their way to make things right with people. Thank you!

Thanks, we try to turn negatives into positives :)

Leisurepro has been doing this for awhile and not only on computers. Its a game they play. if you dont want any games check out www.thescubaprostore.com

It's not "a game [we] play" and seeing the number of people being vocal about their unhappiness with how we deal with inventory inaccuracies compared to the number of orders we deal with, I would say most (I know not all) people are very happy with how we handle such situations.

We are constantly trying to improve all aspects of our business and it's this valuable feedback that most definitely is being listened to and passed along to the correct people within the company that allows us to better serve the diving community.

I am always amazed with those who want the lowest prices and highest customer service. .....
I am not amazed anymore.
In fact, I have found out that the people complaining the loudest are the ones getting free stuff!

It works something like this:

PEOPLE THAT GOT FREE STUFF
They think "Since it is free, it has to be worthless" .... so they don't pay much attention to instructions and when they have some difficulties .... they complain.

PEOPLE THAT PAID FOR THE SAME STUFF
Since they paid for it, they pay attention to instructions and unlikely they have difficulties .... when they have some difficulties they do their own homework and research .... and find out that most likely a solution is already available.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Lemme guess.... you work for that store in the URL ? :D

not a big deal. but if you say "go here" and you work there, you should openly disclose it. Or at least say. "come to my shop and I won't give you those games". It'll do better for you in the long run.

I'm betting there will be a lot of posts like this once ScubaPro dealers discover the internet. They really don't know how it works here. They have been locked up by draconian business practices dictated by a mfg and are not used to all this. Once they see they are dealing with people who cannot be bullshiited they will have to "grow up" so to speak and may start being more savvy. Personally I'm sorry to see LP go what is to many people "legit" on some brands. Not ones I'd ever use now at the prices they want, but I bought lots of smaller stuff from LP over the years that no one else had.

I'd also say reading some of the complaints they sound like whine's from newer or possibly younger divers used to instant gratification. I'd hate to have seen some of these people 30 years ago with mail order and it taking months to get an item back in stock.

Those of you who say they were offered substitutes - why not list what you wanted and what they offered. I'm betting that it was a better item or better deal. I don't normally think of LP now since I have developed contacts in many areas and don't pay retail for anything I need diving related. Or even MAP for that matter. But whenever someone notes an item I'm not familiar with or gear from a mfg that is a line I don;t have LP is where I go to see it and get an idea of price. And I still often recommend them to divers wanting to save money. Just not on legit items. OF course they were always legit - In my opinion the mfg's just refused to admit that they were selling out the back door while telling their dealers they were not. Look how fast SP made them an authorized dealer. Any of the guys complaining who are retailers get that kind of service that fast with their frst order?

It's not "a game [we] play" and seeing the number of people being vocal about their unhappiness with how we deal with inventory inaccuracies compared to the number of orders we deal with, I would say most (I know not all) people are very happy with how we handle such situations.

I think some people would just rather bitch... even in lieu of the fact that they are getting a good deal....

go figure....

Lately what has turned me off Leisurepro is how they manipulate Google search results. The store often pops up near the top with promising info, but when you enter the site there's nothing relevant. It's a great way of losing business.

Adam

Lately what has turned me off Leisurepro is how they manipulate Google search results. The store often pops up near the top with promising info, but when you enter the site there's nothing relevant. It's a great way of losing business.

Adam

If you could send me examples, I'll pass them along. I spotted one for a particular manufacturer we don't carry and told management who passed it along to our ad team and the ads for that manufacturer were pulled. Technically, that's not manipulating search results though, that's just running bad ads.

If you could send me examples, I'll pass them along. I spotted one for a particular manufacturer we don't carry and told management who passed it along to our ad team and the ads for that manufacturer were pulled. Technically, that's not manipulating search results though, that's just running bad ads.
I had a better example, but here's one: Google search "Force Fins" and I get this link

Buy Force Fins from Leisure Pro

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...xYdCV5VzykHFVDfgg&sig2=aYRvGxZFoEbXrx7634CdIg

when you go there there are no Force Fins. They obviously put in "Force Fins" in the website to catch someone looking for Force Fins and direct him to other fins they sell.

I had a better example, but here's one: Google search "Force Fins" and I get this link

Buy Force Fins from Leisure Pro

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=15&ved=0CK4BEBYwDg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.leisurepro.com%2F1%2F4%2Fforce-fins&ei=4roXT_zbBIWfiQLCo7zhCA&usg=AFQjCNEkPotFrULWNxYdCV5VzykHFVDfgg&sig2=aYRvGxZFoEbXrx7634CdIg

when you go there there are no Force Fins. They obviously put in "Force Fins" in the website to catch someone looking for Force Fins and direct him to other fins they sell.

Why "obviously"? LP did sell Force Fins at one time. How long does it take Google to make such a change?

The phrase "Force Fins" is on the Leisurepro website page not Google. Yet that same page has no Force Fins. So you think this phrase got there by random chance? Not likely. They put in these phrases to catch the Google search engine. If the site did sell Force Fins there would be no need to add such a trap phrase it would pop up naturally, because that phrase would be used in the product description.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom