Leisure Pro bait and switch still happening - warning.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife just bought a new Oceanic computer from LP. She did a lot of research and decided she wanted to buy an Oceanic VT3.0. She found it on sale at LP for $649, reg $899, She ordered it and the package arrived a couple days later. She was surprised to open the box and find the Oceanic VT4.0. She double checked to make sure she ordered the VT3.0 and she had. The VT4.0 sells for $1,099 so she called to tell them about their mistake and correct it. The rep said it wasn't a mistake, they were out of the VT3.0 so they upgraded her to the VT4.0 at the same price. Now that's my kind of bait and switch! An $1,100 computer for $650!

The rep seemed genuinely surprised she called to point out the mistake made in her favor. She's honest anyway but told the rep she doesn't want bad karma attached to a device that her life depends upon.

As muzikbiz22 points out, we should have notified you that something different was on its way. If you'd like, I can look into why that didn't happen. Just let me know. Sorry for the mistake.

As muzikbiz22 points out, we should have notified you that something different was on its way. If you'd like, I can look into why that didn't happen. Just let me know. Sorry for the mistake.

Not necessary but thanks for the offer.

An e-mail offering a choice would probably be a good idea as a general practice but all worked out fine in her case. She actually wanted the VT4.0 but couldn't justify the extra expense so she is quite happy.

Not necessary but thanks for the offer.

An e-mail offering a choice would probably be a good idea as a general practice but all worked out fine in her case. She actually wanted the VT4.0 but couldn't justify the extra expense so she is quite happy.

I'm glad it worked out okay in this case, but I'll be sure to let the powers that be know. Enjoy the new computer! (it's one I've been eyeballing, so I'm a little envious :) )

I had something similar happen. I ordered the VT3.0 for $550 (really wanted the Aeris T3 Elite but couldnt pay $300 more just for the cosmetics), and got a email that stated the item was out of stock and they offered me the Aeris Elite T3 with transmitter for the same price! I jumped on that deal. Every transaction I have had with Leisure Pro made me a very happy customer. Now my LDS shop on the other hand...

i had the same experience as epointer. by the time my research was finished and i placed an order for the vt3 it was out of stock. they offered the elite t3 for the same price. (the lp web site was now showing the vt3 as out of stock.) not knowing much about the t3, and being a little sceptical, and coincidentally in nyc, i went down to the shop to have a look and a chat, and i am a sceptic no more. after a little research i think it safe to say the t3 complete was a great upgrade, so i bought it. it wasn't a buy it now or forget it kind of offer - more like go ahead take your time. i have since purchased several moderate to bigger ticket items from them (including a lightly used higher end reg set at a very fair price) and have been satisfied each time. my one return was absolutely no questions asked flawless. (and btw if i ordered the vt3 but they sent me a vt4 - inarguably a true upgrade and not a lateral or comparable swap - it would be silly to send an email asking if that was ok.) lp rocks.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom