Legality of "cave fills"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting that his website doesn't mention anything about explosions.
That's quite a list of possible injuries related to scuba tank filling problems. I can't see how most of them would have anything to do with a scuba tank filling failure, but I guess I don't know as much as an attorney specializing in scuba tank filling failures. In fact, the only injuries I see on the list that could be a fill problem are the ones related to having a different mix in your tank than you expected (like oxygen toxicity), in which case the user is supposed to have analyzed the contents before using.

That's quite a list of possible injuries related to scuba tank filling problems. I can't see how most of them would have anything to do with a scuba tank filling failure, but I guess I don't know as much as an attorney specializing in scuba tank filling failures. In fact, the only injuries I see on the list that could be a fill problem are the ones related to having a different mix in your tank than you expected (like oxygen toxicity), in which case the user is supposed to have analyzed the contents before using.
They do dog-bite cases, too. From their list, it seems there is no type of injury they are not expert in.

They do dog-bite cases, too. From their list, it seems there is no type of injury they are not expert in.
If you properly prepare one case, you are going to be qualified to do the next one.

well done, caught me.. guess in my mind when I see 'scuba tank failures" I think explosions, obviously that is not the only type.

A Greyhound with a vehicle fetish couldn't touch that firm in a race for an ambulance!

Ascribing fault for Shark and stingray attacks to "scuba tank failure". Well I guess if the scuba tank didn't work, you couldn't have been there for the attack, so therefore the scuba tank "failed" you by functioning properly. SMFH

I have so much respect for the idealized concept of the rule of law and ever increasing contempt for the perversion of what it has been allowed to become.

In the aftermath, how would they know the cylinder was over-pressurized?

It would be found empty and in a damaged state...

That becomes hearsay, unless there is some form of documentation managed...

I thought the same thing.

But the 3 other cave filled tanks in my truck would be a pretty damned good clue. Lol.

They aren't all going to explode.

There was a dude on the boats a while ago, he would turn on his air and the needle would go off the gauge
Steel tanks 232bar pumped to around 300bar forever he says but he didn't advertise it I wish I hadn't seen it

It’s a bit more grey than that specifically for recreational diving

No it's not, once those cylinders are transported you have violated DOT. If a accident happens because of the overfilling the fill will definitely be held liable. If a accident happens not because of the overfilling then its grey.

once those cylinders are transported you have violated DOT.
I think that the words “in commerce” are important here somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom