Least invasive dryglove system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

feldomatic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've got a Bare Tech Trilam drysuit that's seen one season, and Santa says I'm getting drygloves this year.

It's already got SiTech seals. (the silicone quick replace kind)

The suit being relatively new, I'd like to to use a system that doesn't involve breaking any boundaries to install the glove system.

Any idea what my candidates are? (the stock Bare (likely rebranded SiTech) ones look like they just slide into the existing rings, but not sure how good they are) I'd like to go with Kubis but no idea what size to buy or if they would fit with the existing rings on the suit.

You need to determine what PU rings are in the suit. From there you can find out which options will work.

Some work with the oval system but not round system. SITECH will have a part number on the rings most likely starting with a “6”

The Kubi system works with the SITECH QCS oval PU ring.

You need to determine what PU rings are in the suit. From there you can find out which options will work.

Some work with the oval system but not round system. SITECH will have a part number on the rings most likely starting with a “6”

I *thought* that the suit-side flexible ring was the same on all the SiTech systems? It's the stuff rings that get added on that determine round or oval... I've never used the oval though so don't know. My suit-side SiTech rings pre-date the oval system, but I thought when it came out that it was backwards compatible.

And for the OP - I have the SiTech GloveLock system (the one where you lock the gloves on with a partial turn of the outer ring. My inner silicone seals stay intact. Biggest downside for me is that the outermost rings are huge and make it a pain to get out my BPW while on land.

I *thought* that the suit-side flexible ring was the same on all the SiTech systems? It's the stuff rings that get added on that determine round or oval... I've never used the oval though so don't know. My suit-side SiTech rings pre-date the oval system, but I thought when it came out that it was backwards compatible.

For the PU Rings there is 60251 which is for the QCS oval there is also 60420 which is the PU Ring for the round system. Then you have the Slaggo PU ring 60710 which is also different from the two above. These are the three modern options produced by SiTech and used by most drysuit manufacturers including BARE as mentioned by the OP. They are not interchangeable with different dryglove systems. For example the Kubi rings only work with part 60251 and not 60420. I have attached an image with all three PU rings side by side.

It is imperative with dry glove systems (SI Tech or other manufacturers) to first see which PU ring is glued into the suit as that will guide you to the "plug and play" options that are available to you. You can change them out but that requires removal, gluing, etc. so a little more work and cost unless you are doing it yourself.

They will be marked on the inside of the PU ring (picture attached). Hope this helps provide some clarity.

By the way if you need more help the shop I own is a drysuit repair facility and we stock all the small parts from SI TECH and most other drysuit / glove solutions - Expert Drysuit Repair Services in Tucson | Paragon Dive Group

Happy to answer any other questions as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3271.jpg
    IMG_3271.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2024-10-26 at 9.18.20 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-26 at 9.18.20 AM.png
    372.3 KB · Views: 17
If you have si tech rings and someone else is paying for them, then you’ll want to go with PSI Press Lock. More expensive than other glove systems, but they are all aluminum and work beautifully

Which kubi setup fits oval rings?

Any pictures of what you mean?
These Marigold gloves are a couple of dollars a pair. You pull them over the flexible wrist cuff with the wrist seal. They seal perfectly 100% of the time unlike any ring system I have ever used or seen. If the glove gets a hole just grab another one or put a dot of superglue on the hole or put on a wet glove.

This is the default option offered with some Santi suits. After many years of hassles with rings, I find this a much better option.
1729996360291.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom