DIR- Generic Learning Doubles (in Wetsuit?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, I wasn’t addressing your comment about inverted twins. I was addressing your core argument.

Why are there so many people that obviously dont believe in the dir philosophy posting on this thread.
I had the same thought. The guy posts a legit question in the DIR forum and half the respondents can't even spell it.

I had the same thought. The guy posts a legit question in the DIR forum and half the respondents can't even spell it.
This thread has officially gone to the shi-ter due to people who shouldn't really be commenting. If you don't agree with "dir" and similar (I say that since it's a bad word in the gue world right now), go poke around another forum. Dude asks for help in the dir forum, that usually means he has a dir/gue leaning idea of what he wants to accomplish down his diving path. . But people that are obviously against that mentality have to chime in. Then their only argument is "just go dive and live your life" and don't want to listen to valid points of view that have thought behind them. It's just dumb.
Sometimes taking a class gets you to the end of your path more quickly and safely

...I will pursue taking the Doubles Primer class.

If you are pretty trimmed out from your rec pass, honestly, a doubles primer class may be unnecessary, especially if you think you may want to get a tech pass later. I think you will find doubles easier to "balance" than a single. Didn't read every post here, but you may want to try out diving a SS back plate if you are moving towards Alum 80's.

Also, with twin 80's with a wet suit you can stash some weight on a v-weight also if need be. When weighting yourself for the twin set, have them at 500 psi and weight yourself so you can hold at 10', when there you are golden after that.

I think a lot of people just go to New Posts and don’t pay attention to the section a thread is in.
That may explain it, but I thougt the DIR forum required some sort of approval? You'd think the people that seem to not like dir so much wouldn't go through the headache to be approved to post in this forum.
Maybe I should just try to stop understanding what goes through peoples' minds.

As I've advised others, it may be best rather than take a specific course through fundies, but to hire a GUE instructor to do a 1:1 workshop there they evaluate your weaknesses and strengths and then decide what to focus on. I did this post fundies (rec pass) and it was great. He pushed me until I failed, giving me something to work on. While I have moved forward on CC, I'd still like to hire different instructors to evaluate my weaknesses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom