Leaking mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swamp with you?

Based on your thread title I'll offer that more mask fits are corrected by loosening the strap than tightening so the answer is yes.

Pete

Yes, you can make your mask too tight and it will leak. If you are having this problem, loosen the strap. It it still leaks, check to see if you have some of your hair trapped inside of the skirt. The mask may been too large for your face as well which will cause it to leak. If it's an old mask, the skirt may be worn out and the mask will need to be replaced.

Yes. Does the mask fit your face by you putting it on your face without using the strap and inhaling? It should stick to your face creating a seal.

It really depends. In most cases tighter is not better, on the other hand the reverse is sometimes true. It just depends on the mask and the face.

Personally, I like my mask a bit on the tight side so it stays put. An artifact of 20 years diving in areas with high flow or current where a loose mask wil get lifted off your face.

Where did you hear the term swamp with you? If you want to be understood, don't use it with regard to masks.

It's a term that I just happen to use and by the responses I have recieved, it appears that most everyone understood. I do appredciate your attention to this thread and to my terminology. With you teaching and mentoring maybe one day, I too, will become a SCUBA guru. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom