LDS to complete DM with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep....you are right there....one did....I am certain that others would respond if they had people that were active here on Scuba Board...and were aware of this thread....
One thing is certain that the OP has some choices here in the valley for getting excellent training in his professional endeavors...

I have to say that I have never been ripped off by Scuba Sciences, nor have they ever failed to do something they promised me.
Glad to hear that things have changed.

Actually two stores did and one independent. Saguaro (PADI), Scuba Sciences (ssi) and Kris(PADI).

i guess i was not so clear. i work at saguaro. i know our instructor mat would love to help cert dm's. in padi if that maters.

Hi....Ed....Sorry...man I forgot that you worked at Saguaro....And Kris of course did respond also....and is a great instructor....

Glad to hear that things have changed.

Actually, things haven't changed.
They've never ripped me off because I haven't ALLOWED them the opportunity:wink:

I wouldn't set foot in that place on a bet. I just got a chuckle out of John's retort and remembered the "let's all say nice things about ScubaSciences" that some other DiveCon posted.

Looks like I opened up a can of worms....I got after this because of the comment that Steve made "assuming" that the OP was PADI.... and I quote....

I don't know about their DM training but I've always found Scuba Specialties to be an honest, reliable operation. And they have a pool. Frankie and Steven are good people. Kendall too, I just don't run into her much any more.

Since you're PADI, Scuba Sciences is out...

And how Tina responded with "That's not true!!!" So I assumed that SSI now could cert Padi.... Oh My... Notice the wording....

Here is what Tina said....
Hi Sjspeck and everyone:

That is not true...any certified diver is welcome at Scuba Sciences! A certified diver from any agency should be able to continue their diving education and training with any other store & agency.

I guess I missed the part that wasn't true in Steve's statement.... He wasn't saying that SSI couldn't cert divers from other agencies or that they were not welcome at SSI...He simply stated that if the OP was PADI then He couldn't get PADI certified there....

Gesh....Am I bad or what!!!! :wink:

I thought that was a very true statement...

I'm done...and back to helping the OP find a good shop is the reason this thread is here....there are several good shops and lots of good recommendations for him...

Let us know what you decide "Azdiver129".....

For clarity: When I made the original post, I looked at the OP's profile and noticed this:
Certification Agencies
PADI
Therefore I made the assumption that he would want to continue his training with PADI. So I suggested a PADI LDS that I have personal experience with.

btw, I'm SSI certified through Scuba Sciences and go there as often as any other LDS I frequent so I'm aware of what they offer.

Bottom line as someone else pointed out is that Scuba Sciences cannot offer the PADI DM continuation.

If the OP wants to switch agencies what Tina from SSI posted is a viable option.

Last edited:
Looks like I opened up a can of worms....I got after this because of the comment that Steve made "assuming" that the OP was PADI.... and I quote....

And how Tina responded with "That's not true!!!" So I assumed that SSI now could cert Padi.... Oh My... Notice the wording....

Here is what Tina said....
Hi Sjspeck and everyone:

That is not true...any certified diver is welcome at Scuba Sciences! A certified diver from any agency should be able to continue their diving education and training with any other store & agency.

I guess I missed the part that wasn't true in Steve's statement.... He wasn't saying that SSI couldn't cert divers from other agencies or that they were not welcome at SSI...He simply stated that if the OP was PADI then He couldn't get PADI certified there....

Gesh....Am I bad or what!!!! :wink:

I thought that was a very true statement...

I'm done...and back to helping the OP find a good shop is the reason this thread is here....there are several good shops and lots of good recommendations for him...

Let us know what you decide "Azdiver129".....
Will do! In Cozumel right now for a week of diving bliss....vis is unbelievable! Fantastic!

Anyway, back to the topic of this thread.......I did go out to Saquaro, I purchased our DC's out there...also had a couple of opportunites to talk with Vince just about diving in general and soem of the trip they have coming up......I wish it wasn't so far away because I appreciate thier friendliness....they seem vary down to earth there....I like the owner anyway.

Great....I have always found Vince and the rest of his team very friendly and helpful myself... Good shop....

Enjoy your trip....wishing I was there too!!!! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom