Lauderdale By The Sea Shore Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like a plan :wink:

You missed a great dive. The seas were calm with a slight swell. I got in the water at 8:30. Swam out to the second reef and went North. There was a current to the South. Usually, the current reverses on me and don't get to ride it back, but this time I was lucky and got a free ride home. Later, while we were eating lunch, I could see the boats on the HoF buoys swing on their anchors. So my timing was good I guess. When I got out to the HoF buoys the viz was 60+, less on the inner reefs. I could see from one side of the horseshoe shaped reef to the other. Saw two turtles, a school of Snook and a fishing pole complete with reel. It was too encrusted and too far to bother to bring it back. Got out of the water around 12:00 and went for lunch at Aruba's.

Wow sounds like a great dive. I hung out until my company went home and went down to LBTS, took my dog down to see her new house and walked to the beach and went for a swim (she loves the water). The water was still beautiful this afternoon and I missed going diving this morning. I am going to live on the North side of the pier, I can’t wait to get moved. :)

Can someone write up or provide a link to an article or map that clearly describes the best way to shore dive Lauderdale by the Sea and which are the best places to see what and what and this and that; assuming I have a full 8 hour day

Has anyone dove Datura this week? How are the conditions down there?

I will be down tonight and am looking to do a dive tomorrow morning (8amish) if anyone is interested in tagging along if the conditions aren't too bad..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom