Lauderdale by the Sea Dive: Saturday August 18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice time today ... it was great to see you guys... until next time
be safe
Kim P

Jscubadive:
How far out is the second reef and how deep?

James

Several hundred yards & less than 20 feet. I like the western edge the best- seems to be more relief.

Savannah Dive Couple (Rita & Kevin) & I had a great dive! We stayed on the 1st reef & headed north. Saw 2 nurse sharks- they even obliged us by swimming away from us, a skate, a sharptail eel & had a rather large tarpon circle around us a couple of times. We went up around Datura before turning back. Visited the nursery (my favorite spot) & headed in.

The other buddy team out today included Showboat & DeepSeaExplorer. I believe that they went out to the 2nd reef also. Kim was out snorkeling with her son Shaun for a while- he was really excited about some of the stuff he saw. Future diver in the making... :D Lilo came a bit later with her friend Carlos & she & I started to do a dive but the seas were starting to kick up a bit & we called it before actually getting out. red_5 is on his way from the airport now- I told him not to bother picking up a tank. The seas are really starting to build. :shakehead:

Down4fun, DeepSeaExplorer, his friend Pat, Showboat & I went up to the Village Grille & had a nice lunch before everyone headed out. Warning to all- Mulligan's is closed for the next 2 or so months for remodeling. We're all starting to miss our post-dive hangout a bit. The Grille actually has better food & service (service was outstanding today) but it's a tad bit pricier.

All in all a lovely morning!

It was a great dive today. Thank you Jenny you are a most excellent tour giude. Like she said, we saw tons of critters, squid, rays, schools of baby fish...hundreds of tiny little fish...okay guys lets go ths way, no no that way, wait back the other way, it was like being in "Finding Nemo". I won't tell about the file fish you poked in the nose:14:

And who can complain about 139 minutes of bottom time:D

Lunch was great too. It's always nice to hang out afterwards and exchange stories. We'll have to do it again soon.
kim

Yes a good time today, DeepSeaExplorer and I were swimming out till Lightning and thunder and we went under for a few minutes till the storm passed very fast and continued back on surface, only to see a full rainbow on shore. We had a great dive. as the following suspects were out and about few Snook, Spade, Angels, Spotted Drums and a few large Parrots.

Yes Lunch was great and looking foward till the next outing.

Patty and I had a great time. I still can't believe the service at that restaurant, wow! I don't think I've ever had better service.

Showboat, you're going to have to post that picture of the rainbow...

DeepSeaExplorer:
Patty and I had a great time. I still can't believe the service at that restaurant, wow! I don't think I've ever had better service.

Showboat, you're going to have to post that picture of the rainbow...

I agree with you, The waiter was excellent, where else can you take a few sips of your cola or water and he refills it where at other places you have to look for them. The last few times when eating out I had the worst service possible... Dont they know the better service the better the tip..

I will get the rainbow posted tonight when I get home

showboat:
The last few times when eating out I had the worst service possible... Dont they know the better service the better the tip..

As true as you would think that is, it's rarely what actually happens. Good tippers normally tip good as long as the service is decent, and bad tippers will tip poorly no matter how good the service -- or at most 15% -- which most waiters consider a poor tip nowadays.

Sounds like the dive was fun though, I've never had a good dive at LBTS (done about 20), I think I may need to go out with one of you as a guide to show me the good spots.

vr24 you have to come with us sometime ... shore dives are alot of fun with a fun group of people ... please feel free to come join our next posted dive :wink:
Kim P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom