Lauderdale by the Sea Dive: Saturday August 18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to whet everyone's appitite. Went out for an hour today. There was little to no current so I did my usual & swam due east to the far side of the 1st reef to make a turn north to the nursery (my favorite spot). Came across a bit of a surprise. A large nurse shark- probably nearing 6 ft in length trying unsuccessfully to hid beneath a couple of ledges. It even had its own remora, which I've not seen on any of the other nurse sharks out here. I'm wondering if it's a new resident. Admired it for a while & continued on to the nursery where I simply hung out for over 1/2 hour then slowly made my way back south & west. Didn't see anything else of note- only the usual denziens of the reef. Visiblity was 20-25 but the water was really murky.

Might not be able to make it after all. Hermit Crab plans fell through.

Scuba_Jenny:
Might not be able to make it after all. Hermit Crab plans fell through.
Sean and I are snorkeling and freediving if you and miss hermit would like to join ... but I will not be there until 9:30 or so
Kim P

I will be there tomorrow morning! I have all set up! Hope to meet you all.

The only thing is I do not have a dive flag...is it still OK for me to go out?

Dive safe!

see you guyz tomorrow afternoon.

I'm flying outta here first thing tomorrow AM.

lilo:
I will be there tomorrow morning! I have all set up! Hope to meet you all.

The only thing is I do not have a dive flag...is it still OK for me to go out?

Dive safe!

Have no fear about a dive flag, I am sure there will be plenty and U will have no problem with buddying with someone that has a flag..... See ya in the AM

The Hermit Crab "issue" has been resolved. Leaving the house shortly!

Excellent dive. Saw lots n lots of critters, atlantic stingrays, hamlets, a tiny baby reefbutterfly fish (soooo cute), squid, trumpetfish. Good vis, almost no current and very little surge. Vis was 40+ on the second reef. Bottom time, was excellent. Thanks Kim for being a good buddy!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom