Lauderdale-by-the-Sea beach diving Sunday, July 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mreklemm0

Reaction score
Wet'N FLA is planning a trip out to Lauderdale by the Sea for some beach./shore diving. We're planning on doing an afternoon dive, then lunch/dinner (BBQ Beachside), and finishing up with a sunset/night dive off the beach.

This is a great spot for shore diving in FL. It's going to be a great day...relaxing, BBQing, diving, and meeting new buddies.

The reef starts about where the pier ends. Last time I went, we hit our max. depth at 19ft.

But don't let the shallow waters fool you. This is a beautiful dive with lots to see. Many species of juvenile fishes, sponges, and the occasional yellow stingray and smaller nurse sharks inhabit the shallow reefs. There is definitely plenty to see and you'll get lots of bottom time.

if you're interested, please contact either Melissa or Wet'N FLA for more info.

Melissa (407) 330-9081 KaMiliOkEkAi@peoplepc.com

Wet'N FLA (407)322-1848
3005 W. Lake Mary Blvd., Lake Mary, FL 32746
Dive@WNFSCUBA.com

Good luck getting a parking spot in the afternoon, especially on a holiday weekend. When I left there this morning after my dive, the parking lot was full at Datura. Will you be in the main parking lot? Wondering where you can BBQ on the beach there.
Regardless, have fun!

A partial list of what we've seen so far this week -- I'm no Jacque Cousteau, so the i.d. is tentative:
Either doctorfish or surgeonfish, porkfish, grunts, gobies, grey angelfish (adult and juvenile), a queen angelfish (I think), stoplight parrotfish (adult and juvenile), damselfish, butterflyfish, yellow stingrays, two nurse sharks, and a conger eel in the limestone ballasts near the anchor on the Snorkel Trail.

This is just at First Reef! We are diving off El Mar and Datura Avenue and staying even with the end of Anglin Pier. Max depth 18 feet, usually less, morning dives over an hour. Afternoon dives are a problem with summer storms, stronger south-to-north currents, and sometimes harsh entries.

We should be back in OKC by the time you get out there, so have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom