Latex seal adhesive and cuff rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerrynuss:
I'm still searching for a pair of rings that I can get my hands through. So for now I wanted to get the seal back on. I had not thought of sandwiching the suit with rings. The rings I currently have (don't fit over my hands anyway) use an o-ring to fasten on to the suit. The suit is fabric CF200 except where the seal attaches but if that is flexible enough it may be a good idea. I did try putting on a DUI zip seal today and I can get my hand through it because the thing is flexible. I just don't want to get raped on the price of buying them and having DUI install, and the $60 leak test.

I've used commercial adhesive from drysuit manufactures and it normally goes bad between changes. I think I'll experiment with some old seals and see what happens with the tire adhesive. I have also heard of the Bostik but have not found any around where I live. I'd like tobe able to walk into Lowe's or Home Depot and get something that will do the job as well or if not better than the high $$ stuff shops sell.

I'm really hoping to find a good set of rings that will fit and I can eliminate the seal completely. I have some paralysis and loss of use in my left hand and don't do well at manipulating the right hand seal. This is on top of my freakishly large hands and wrists.

The ring direct to the suit and cold inner tube adhesive are good ideas. Thanks guys.

Hi again
Just thought I would look for my old rings
and I found them
I had a viking sport, then a gates
and got rings for both
I am now in a neoprene suit and no longer need the rings
Let me know if you do not find any for your self
Mine are collecting dust in storage, and they are the old style
Just remember that the glue I use is not the tube patch glue
It is a cold vulcanizing fluid for tubeless radial tires
yes you will have to prepare the mating surfaces first, a light scrub with sand paper
hope this helps

jerrynuss:
I have a DUI CF 200 with latex seals. I had the seals replaced a month ago and yesterday the right wrist seal came off at the dive site. So I am going to replace the seal myself and was hoping to find a good quality contact cement.

The dryglove rings I have are 85mm and there is no way my hands fit through them.
The XL Si Tech sound perfect I'm just having trouble finding then.

Hi there Jerry - just curious what ring system you have installed: are they the DUI ones? I have the opposite problem: I have thin girly hands and am keeping an eye open for a small diameter ring system.

My solution to poor fit in the meantime has been to grab some ring-less drygloves off bob3 and I'm about to play around with a DIY ring system, but I'm curious what are the diameters of the commercially available rings are. Theres a time and place for wearing big frigging handcuffs, and thats called the bedroom...

Cheers,
Rohan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom