Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the update. Great to get some positive news in this time of stressful international travel! We are waiting for our PCR results before flying out to Maldives Thu. Fingers crossed.

You still have decent Internet access from the LOB? Looking forward to hearing more about your diving at Palau.
Hopefully you will get negative result & smooth trip to Maldives.

I bought Palaucel SIMcard 10GB data for $20 but it’s dang slow.

Great diving so far in Blue Corner, German Channel & Ulong Channel. Will post more detail later on my trip report.

Back to Koror, went to Belau Hospital for the 5th day covid test and received negative result. They cut the wristband. Now I’m free to explore Palau. Yea!

Hopefully you will get negative result & smooth trip to Maldives.

I bought Palaucel SIMcard 10GB data for $20 but it’s dang slow.

Great diving so far in Blue Corner, German Channel & Ulong Channel. Will post more detail later on my trip report.
We got negative PCR result and are waiting for our flight on Air France.
@Dan , did you use SIM card in Maldives? Which kind?
Enjoy your dives in Palau!

Reactions: Dan
We got negative PCR result and are waiting for our flight on Air France.
@Dan , did you use SIM card in Maldives? Which kind?
Enjoy your dives in Palau!
Thanks! You too, have a great trip in Maldives!

Yes, there’s a simcard store right at Male airport. Ask the liveaboard guide who would pick you up at the airport to take you to the store. The store attendant will put the simcard to your unlocked phone and set it up for you. Good luck!

Thanks! You too, have a great trip in Maldives!

Yes, there’s a simcard store right at Male airport. Ask the liveaboard guide who would pick you up at the airport to take you to the store. The store attendant will put the simcard to your unlocked phone and set it up for you. Good luck!
We got the SIM card and it was very useful. Had 4G access most of the time on Liveaboard, and everywhere on islands.

Reactions: Dan
We got the SIM card and it was very useful. Had 4G access most of the time on Liveaboard, and everywhere on islands.
Glad to hear that. :)

For Palau, at&t has no coverage, nor connection with local cellular phone company. So, I bought $20 simcard that included 10GB data. The signal was poor & spotty. I couldn’t use it for personal hotspot for my iPhone 11PM. I ended up using it on my old unlocked iPhone 6+.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom