Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They don't, but I don't like to take any chances so I just keep getting the fancy test every time I go somewhere just to be safe. The last thing I want is them changing the rules a week or two before my departure and then I have to stress about scrambling to find another type of test. I figure the PCR is safe and will be accepted and it's easy for me to get.

Same thing with Nautilus. MX doesn't require the test, but the Belle Amie does.
LOL. You sound like a bit neurotic.

In 7 trips I went, I never did Covid test more than once before the trips. Always got negative results (knock on wood). Hopefully the same today. 🤞

Just make sure the week before the trip to follow Covid protocol, don’t wander in grocery store without mask on, attending a meeting, etc.

LOL. You sound like a bit neurotic.

In 7 trips I went, I never did Covid test more than once before the trips. Always got negative results (knock on wood). Hopefully the same today. 🤞

Just make sure the week before the trip to follow Covid protocol, don’t wander in grocery store without mask on, attending a meeting, etc.
Lol...that's probably a fair assessment. I don't travel as much as you do so the whole process stresses me out from a logistics and timing standpoint. If I have to pay a few bucks extra to not have to think about the test requirement before my trip then that's what I do. Now I just need to find a service that makes sure all flights are on time and all bags arrive. :)

Reactions: Dan
Good luck to you too!

Thanks! Just did the nose swapped. Can’t wait to see the result tomorrow or Friday.

I lucked out with flight connections, Houston-Honolulu-Guam-Koror.

My 4 other buddies from Florida have to go through Tokyo. They are required to take a rapid test on Friday (in addition to today’s PCR) for Tokyo-Guam leg. Sucks!
Got negative PCR result about 36h after the test.

Boarding the 1st flight to Honolulu. SFSG.

Great to hear that. Thanks for the update. Safe trip and have a wonderful time diving in Palau!
Thanks. Spoke too soon. A little hiccup at the gate. They asked me where’s the wristband for Hawaii? I told them that I’m not going to Hawaii, only transiting for 64 minutes for Palau. They still asked me to have it. So here I was tapping furiously on my iPhone to get Hawaiian Heath Safe Travel QR code, got the code & lining up to get my wristband until the boarding announcement mentioned about the gate is closing. So, I just skipped getting the wristband and got back to the boarding line. We’ll see what will happen in Honolulu.

Thanks. Spoke too soon. A little hiccup at the gate. They asked me where’s the wristband for Hawaii? I told them that I’m not going to Hawaii, only transiting for 64 minutes for Palau. They still asked me to have it. So here I was tapping furiously on my iPhone to get Hawaiian Heath Safe Travel QR code, got the code & lining up to get my wristband until the boarding announcement mentioned about the gate is closing. So, I just skipped getting the wristband and got back to the boarding line. We’ll see what will happen in Honolulu.
Oh My, the joy of Covid era travel ...
Safe trip!

Oh My, the joy of Covid era travel ...
Safe trip!
Arrived in Honolulu and boarded the next flight to Guam right away without wristband hassle. Then there’s no problem continuing to Koror. Rapid Testing was done right after immigration right in the airport, before picking up the luggage’s. After a few minutes of waiting for the negative results we went outside the Customs to meet with Aggressor’s representatives and headed out to the harbor to board the boat.

My good friend is flaying back to the States next week from Indonesia to visit her family for the Holidays we were just reviewing the CDC requirements. COVID-19 and Your Health

Looks like new requirement is:
"All air passengers 2 years or older with a flight departing to the US from a foreign country at or after 12:01am EST (5:01am GMT) on December 6, 2021, are required show a negative COVID-19 viral test result taken no more than 1 day before travel, or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days, before they board their flight."

As per the CDC site the test can be a PCR or antigen.

Also as per the CDC site "1 day" is:
The 1-day period is 1 day before the flight’s departure. The Order uses a 1-day time frame instead of 24 hours to provide more flexibility to the air passenger and aircraft operator. By using a 1-day window, test acceptability does not depend on the time of the flight or the time of day that the test sample was taken.

For example, if your flight is at 1pm on a Friday, you could board with a negative test that was taken any time on the prior Thursday.

I’m in Palau now, flying back to US on the 26th. We’ll get antigen test on the 25th for $25 at the Palau hospital.
Thanks for the update. Great to get some positive news in this time of stressful international travel! We are waiting for our PCR results before flying out to Maldives Thu. Fingers crossed.

You still have decent Internet access from the LOB? Looking forward to hearing more about your diving at Palau.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom