Laser Hair Removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMe:
I only bought the guarantee for my lower legs. I don't have a lot of body hair on my bikini line nor underarms naturally, so I figured that even if I have to shave 6 hairs, once a month, I'll be happy. Also, for the price of the guarantee, I can go back and pay for 3 extra treatments and still break even.

What is the interval in which they are doing your treatments? My bikini and underarms is on a 6 week interval, but my legs are on a 10 week interval. I have a friend who has her underarms and bikini line on a 4 week interval and was told legs would be every 6 weeks. I'm wondering if that's why she's on her 8th treatment for her bikini line and underarms and still has hair growth....

Give it up girls. Just let it grow.

I was told 4 - 6 weeks for all areas, and that a longer interval is better, so I've been doing it every 6 weeks. Someone on the previous thread about this was getting it done every 6 - 8 weeks. I didn't know about people doing it at a 10 week interval - I'll have to ask. I wonder why the different areas have different intervals?

I suspect that people are told different things based on the type of machine, the area of treatment, how thick/course/dense someone's hair is, and the technician's preference.

Apparently a longer interval is better because you have a better chance of getting the hair in the growth phase. My technician told me that if you haven't had any hair coming through, then don't bother doing the treatment. Wait until the hair has broken through the skin. I still have 5 treatments left on my legs, but at over 3 weeks since my last treatment, I have only a few hairs. If I still have almost nothing at 6 weeks, maybe I'll wait longer. Thanks for the info.

Brief update - have had my third appointment and it is definitely working. Not much left and I was told that I should be done next appointment (that is, until I start my underarms - hee hee - it IS addictive!)

Tip of the day: DO NOT get LHR done when hung over!! I have never voluntarily experienced anything so painful in my life!

Gidds:
Do tell?! I despise shaving and I have this phobia of armpit hair. I'd been thinking vaguely about LHR since hopefully I'll be joining the Peace Corps in '06 and I cannot stand the idea of hairy armpits for 2 years :wink:
ANYPLACE in the world that the Peace Corps sends you, all the women will have hairy armpits. Communal combouts on Saturday nights are still a big thing.

I went for armpit treatment and the pain shot through my body and down to the base of my spine like a lightening bolt. If I remember right I said, "are you people blanking crazy???" they said "oh, it just feels like a rubber band snap." I couldn't take it. I would need anesthesia....Nitrous at the very least.

yea, Wingnut, just shave it and spend the time working out.

Communal combouts!? ...how do you know about this stuff, Tom?

Let it grow??? Mdb, that is so northern California of you!

Ok...

This thread has undergone some pruning of the off-topic posts.

People, if you want to talk amongst yourselves, please to go PM. Also, please remember the TOS regarding "office friendly" posts ONLY.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress... :D

As an update, long after all of my treatments on my underarms, bikini, and legs, I have at least an 80 - 85 % reduction in hair. The little remaining hair is extremely fine and sparse, and not noticeable. This is way better than was projected for my olive skin. The best thing is that I have no ingrowns or marks whatsoever. I think laser was very worthwhile and saves much aggravation and time. And everything is so incredibly smooth! :)

Catherine, if you were getting pain, the setting is too high for your skin and hair type. That is easily corrected.

David A, is it really only a trend? I'm glad it's permanent. I'm sure I'll never want it back!! Neither will my husband!! :wink:

LHR is just the best invention for women since the pill .. I am sure it has some negative sides .. but the freedom girls!!!

I have done pretty much everywhere .. full leg, bikini, underarm, arms, fingers, toes and butt .. I am not that hairy I just do not like hair anywhere but on my head .. It takes about 45 mins a session, a bit annoying but not painful (I wax so it hurts a lot less than that!!)

4 sessions (that is 4 months) underarm I hardly had hair .. I have the odd waif and stray. Bikini .. Gr8 results, but perfection is perfection; if this is the best I an get and I still have to wax .. the improvement is worth every penny. Legs .. far from perfection, but at a stage that if I didnt shave for a week, no one would "really" notice. Upper leg, arms and butt .. these areas were very fine soft hair .. the arms has worked the best .. It does work, it just seems to be slower ..

I got a fantastic deal to to it all in one go (and no time period either) .. If I was stuck for cash .. I can say that LHR is gr8, it takes a while to work, but even doing it 5 times has gr8 results to improve your "hair removal life". My advise, if you can afford it, get a deal on doing more for less money. The previous post is right ITS ADDICTIVE. If you are a perfectionist try to go for (year long, two year long or lifetime deals with companies that are not going to go bust).

ONE NOTE OF WARNING: I live in a sunny country, but it applies to divers .. KEEP OUT OF THE SUN .. 1. Tans stop it from working 2. You will get skin discolourations if you go in the sun whilst doing treatments (stop a few weeks before and KEEP COVERED UP WHILST DIVING)

catherine96821:
Communal combouts!? ...how do you know about this stuff, Tom?
Part of my former life as an official United States government respresentative dealing with various indigenous peoples of the world that we didn't just shoot on sight.

I've had my underarms, bikini line, and am in the middle of my lower legs now. My bikini line has had a 100% reduction in hair (not one has come back) :D, but my underarms are about a 90% or so reduction. The hair that comes back is fine and barely noticeable, requiring me to shave about every 2 weeks....definitely no big deal to me. My lower legs (I have fine blonde hair on my upper legs) are on their 3rd treatment and I have a few patches that are coming back. 2 more treatments and we'll see what the final results are, but I did spend the extra $100 on my legs for unlimited follow-up treatments for a year. Figured that for such a large area, the extra $$ was worth it for the "guarantee".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom