Laser Hair Removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay ya'll...laser hair removal (LHR) is like tattoos or potato chips...addicting!! :D Because I've had a problem with horrible red bumps on my bikini line, I went ahead and bought a package for LHR. I had such great results that about 2 weeks after my first session, I called and added my underarms to the routine. :wink:

We went to Maui in early August and I didn't have to shave my underarms or bikini line once, but found that shaving before diving caused irritation to my legs. Gee, guess what I did this weekend? Yup, had my first LHR treatment to my legs. I can't wait to go on my liveaboard vacation in December and not have to take a razor or even THINK about shaving! :07:

Ladies, if you've thought about LHR but haven't been sure about whether to do it or not, DO IT, it is SO worth it! :D

Do tell?! I despise shaving and I have this phobia of armpit hair. I'd been thinking vaguely about LHR since hopefully I'll be joining the Peace Corps in '06 and I cannot stand the idea of hairy armpits for 2 years :wink:

Isn't it a peacecorps requirement to be a little hairy? :D j/k.....

shush! I can deal with hairy legs, just not my armpits ewwwwwwwwwww :yuck:

Tom Winters:
Well, for sure, you're not from Switzerland, land of the forested women.

As Melman the giraffe from Madagascar stated, "Ahhhhh! Nature! It's all over me! Get it off!"

How long does it last? Even Nair or other hair removal products only give my cricket legs about 36 hours of smoothness.
Ber :lilbunny:

Thanks for the heads up, I had been thinking about it too...how many sessions will you need until you are "hairless"? and isn't it a permanent thing?

Tom Winters:
Well, for sure, you're not from Switzerland, land of the forested women.

Sorry to say that you won't only see that in Switzerland...but also in France...Germany... most European countries are/were unshaved....but thank goodness that now mostly the younger generations are picking up a shaver....

My wife looked into that about 1 1/2 yr ago but they said it was only for dark hair, the hair she wanted removed was light in color and they told her it wouldn't work.

Has anything changed in this area?

Thank you

See this thread (Gonna get "boy shorts" swimsuit) for more info on laser:
www.ScubaBoard.com/showthread.php?t=3206&referrerid=35816

Yes, it is permament.

DiveMe, it is addictive. I started with my underarms and bikini with 10 treatments and had amazing results (90 - 98 % hair free). Then I started my lower legs this summer and already have amazing results with only 3 treatments (at least 50 % hair free).

There are only a few hairs left in each area, and they are SO fine, they are almost invisible. You literally have to look really closely to see them.

gtcpl2, even 2-3 years ago, they could not do dark skin with dark hair. They could only do light skin with dark hair. If you had light skin and light hair, you were out of luck. This is because if the colours of skin/hair were too close, the laser could not distinguish them and there was a higher risk of burning. The new machines can do all skin and hair types, including light skin and light hair.

You have to make sure that you are getting one of the newer high wavelength (preferably 1000+) machines, and one that can do all skin and hair types. The cheaper older machines are not advisable. There are also a lot of places opening up that advertise "laser-like" treatment, or even really cheap laser machines that are about the heat of a lightbulb. You will get little or no results from these types of machines. Buyer beware!

Check out the thread I mentioned above. It gives a lot of great info about laser.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom