Large flanged drysuit quick disconnects

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DA Aquamaster

Directional Toast
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just an FYI.

I was paging through the latest Trident catalog this afternoon while watching the phone at the dive shop and noticed they have added new drysuit hoses with large flanged connectors similar to the old Poseidon hoses.

These have been very scarce and the few that are known to exist around here have been highly coveted as the large flange makes connecting and disconnecting the hose much easier with heavy gloves and/or cold fingers.

The Trident hose uses a nurled flange rather than a smooth one but the shape is similar and it should work well. These hoses come in 28, 32 and 36 inch lenghts and can also be ordered in custom lenghts.

I dove with a drysuit of the first and only time at one of DUI's "Demo Days". They bring literally a truckload of drysuits down to the beach and let anyone try them out in small groups with an instructor. _all_ of DUI's LP hoses had the large flange. One of the steps in checking out the suits is to hand over your reg so they can put a hose on it. When I saw the size of the flange I asked. They said it was the "standard hose" used for drysuits. The disconnect fitting looked a bit better made then the one on the hose supplied by Auqulung with my BC.

So DUI might be another source of these.

DA Aquamaster:
Just an FYI.

I was paging through the latest Trident catalog this afternoon while watching the phone at the dive shop and noticed they have added new drysuit hoses with large flanged connectors similar to the old Poseidon hoses.

These have been very scarce and the few that are known to exist around here have been highly coveted as the large flange makes connecting and disconnecting the hose much easier with heavy gloves and/or cold fingers.

The Trident hose uses a nurled flange rather than a smooth one but the shape is similar and it should work well. These hoses come in 28, 32 and 36 inch lenghts and can also be ordered in custom lenghts.

DA Aquamaster:
Just an FYI.

Provided that the connector has a knurled section on each end, with a smooth section in the middle, you can create your own "flange" by wrapping a 4mm zip-tie around the smooth section. I've been using one for a few weeks, it works well, and it is cheaper than a new hose.

Green_Manelishi:
Provided that the connector has a knurled section on each end, with a smooth section in the middle, you can create your own "flange" by wrapping a 4mm zip-tie around the smooth section. I've been using one for a few weeks, it works well, and it is cheaper than a new hose.

GM: I think I know what you are saying, but can you provide a photo to clarify? Off hand, I'm not sure how a zip-tie would help but am interested in finding out.

Cheers,
Bill.

Lightning Fish:
GM: I think I know what you are saying, but can you provide a photo to clarify? Off hand, I'm not sure how a zip-tie would help but am interested in finding out.

Cheers,
Bill.

I'll see what I can do to provide an illustration.

ChrisA:
I dove with a drysuit of the first and only time at one of DUI's "Demo Days". They bring literally a truckload of drysuits down to the beach and let anyone try them out in small groups with an instructor. _all_ of DUI's LP hoses had the large flange. One of the steps in checking out the suits is to hand over your reg so they can put a hose on it. When I saw the size of the flange I asked. They said it was the "standard hose" used for drysuits. The disconnect fitting looked a bit better made then the one on the hose supplied by Auqulung with my BC.

So DUI might be another source of these.

These type hoses come standard with the DUI suits, and they are quite nice. The issue with the "custom hose" isn't necessarily the flanged connector, but rather the hose length. Many of us who dive (almost) exclusively dry and/or have a more technical direction in our diving prefer custom length hoses for many things, including drysuit inflation. In the past, acquiring a custom length hose with the large flanged connector was next to impossible.

Green_Manelishi:
I'll see what I can do to provide an illustration.

I tried to draw an illustration. Let me know if it is insufficient.
The "locking block" of the zip-tie, even with heavy mitts, is large enough to press down on to un-hook the hose.

Green_Manelishi:
I tried to draw an illustration. Let me know if it is insufficient.
The "locking block" of the zip-tie, even with heavy mitts, is large enough to press down on to un-hook the hose.

Thank you. The picture is what I expected. I'll have to give it a try.

Bill.

Back
Top Bottom