Lake Travis Scuba dive service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Mack Diver 'linked' this Lake Travis dive service on another thread today (thanks Mack)....I was curious if anyone has direct knowledge of the service, the web site looks good...??

Lake Travis Scuba

OK....at some point when the service opens for their 'season' would anyone be interested in getting together for a 1/2 day run to give them a try?

"Two-Tank Dive (4 hour excursion) $ 35.00"

OK....at some point when the service opens for their 'season' would anyone be interested in getting together for a 1/2 day run to give them a try?

"Two-Tank Dive (4 hour excursion) $ 35.00"

Count me in. I am busy until mid-April then I could take time off before May. May is weekends off only, then I am wide open June.

Robert Weiss is the one I personally know who is pulling this together. He is a very active diver with a charity group for handicapped kids called Eels on Wheels. I have been around Robert for almost 2 years and he seems to be a stand up guy. His boat service seems to have more of an offering for divers, like tank rentals etc...... Then the other services offered on the lake at this time. The price seems right. I am looking forward to seeing how the boat is laid out, how big the boat is and how many divers it can handle comfortably. Robert was talking about his new business venture to me months ago and it looks like he is close to launching this activity for divers on Lake Travis.

Thats about all I know about it for right now. Robert I am sure will answer any questions at his email address: robert@laketravisscuba.com
He is very approachable and has good people skills. He is also a dive instructor for one of the certifying agencies.

Hope this helps.

Shawn... thanks tons for you insight as it is always a welcome.....I know you keep up with the Austin dive scene pretty well!

Anytime from late April on is good with me for a run with the service.....sounds from your input and the web page it is going to be nice.

I will drop Robert a short note with a few questions....thanks again!

Eels on Wheels is a dive club for handicapped divers, not just kids. they are looking for volunteers all the time. they do a ton of diving around the world.

Thanks for the info. You may be able to help me out. Chad sent me a bunch of info on it. I sent it to news to do a story, and the info is not clear about what, where, and when.

I still want to follow up with the news department. But I need clear, specific and concise information to pass along.

IF you can help out send me some info, explaining the basics, what, who, when and where. I will do my part to forward it to the appropriate parties.

Thanks

I've known Robert for several years, and also expect that this will be a top-notch operation.

I let him know that this thread is going. Hopefully he'll join in to answer any questions you may have directly.

By the way, he already told me that tech diving off the boat is fine with him. I believe that some of the sites he can get you to on the lake will make for some more opportunities too.

Hi Steve.....it was again a joy meeting you a few weekends ago!

I wrote Robert an e-mail earlier today with a few questions....just waiting for his reply at some point.

:)

Back
Top Bottom